Is it possible to get rid of man boobs by diet and exercise?

pls sir

About Gynecomastia and Options for Treatment

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.
According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast #enlargement.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. 
The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. 

Gyneocmastia Reduction by Diet and Exercise

By all means try diet and exercise as it  invariably leads to a healthier lifestyle and in some cases will reduce gynecomastia. For most, surgery is required for the best results. here are varying degrees of gynecomastia ranging from puffy nipple to severe breast enlargement and/or breast sag. The severity of the gynecomastia will determine which treatment option is necessary. In most cases, men suffer from standard gynecomastia, which can be surgically treated as an in-office procedure under local anesthesia. For more severe cases, it may be recommended that you have your procedure under general anesthesia at an outpatient surgery center. Your consultation will determine which option is best suited for treating your gynecomastia.

In general, nonsurgical treatments for gynecomastia are not recommended because they just do not work. Now, you may be able to change the contour of your chest yourself through exercise and weight changes, but this works by changing the amount of muscle or fat around the breast and may camouflage the amount of breast tissue that you may still have.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Thank you for your question and gynecomastia can be fat or gland or a combination of both.  Gland will not resolve with diet alone and needs to be treated surgically

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Gynecomastia can consist of varying amounts of fatty and glandular tissue. In general, the fatty tissue should shrink with weight loss through diet and exercise. The glandular tissue will not go away on it's own. If you lose weight and still have male breast development you may want to consider surgery to improve the appearance of your chest.

Getting rid of male breasts with diet and exercise

Most the men I see for gynecomsatia correction surgery are typically in good shape, often in great shape, It seems to be this one area that won't change. A sentiment I hear frequently from patients after surgery is "I wish I would have done this sooner"   It is important to find a surgeon who is experienced with gynecomastia and has the expertise to make scars virtually invisible. The goal of most men seeking gynecomastia surgery is the ability to confidently go without a shirt in private moments, when playing sports, enjoying water activities, etc.  Some men do not feel comfortable in tee shirts or athletic shirts due to fullness in the breast area that makes them feel uncomfortable. The placement of incisions is important, as is providing a natural looking shape without lumps, bumps or craters. 

There are rare occasions when a man is best served by having gynecomastia in staged surgeries in order to limit scars. In these cases, this is discussed with patients during the consultation process so there are no surprises.

A gynecomastia surgery requires finesse and aesthetic expertise on the part of a surgeon in order for a patient to have a natural looking result with as few visible scars as possible. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

A commonly asked question however it's very unusual to be able to change the significantly with Weight loss and exercise  in my experience. If this comes up as a question and my consultations I urged the patient to do their very best and see me again in six months. If surgery is performed it can be done through a small incision in the armpit with no visible scar 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Man boobs

Man boobs can be corrected if you lose weight especially if you are young as your skin will snap back as you lose weight; it is possible that you may not be able to lose a small discoid glandular element of your man boobs but this is very rare.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Getting Rid of Man Boobs With Diet and Exercise

If you have what is referred to as pseudo-gynecomastia, which is man boobs caused by fat alone, it may be possible to reduce them with diet and exercise. However, true gynecomastia is caused by fat and excess breast tissue and no amount of diet and exercise will work. Breast tissue can only be excised by surgery. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD