Tip Augmentation After Involuntary Reduction?

Unfortunately my tip was scaled down without my accordance. So I am looking for a possibility to get my former tip back. I estimate that the difference might be about 2 mm on each side at the thickest point. My tip was quite a perfect ball before and I am a little bit afraid that this might be a very demanding procedure. Moreover my nostrils seem to have lost tension due to the reduction of the tip cartilage and the tip shows some kind of asymmetry. Which procedures would be necessary?

Doctor Answers 3

Nasal tip revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am guessing that to provide the same tip projection you may need tip grafts. But I can not say without an exam and pre-op photos.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Revision nasal tip surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 Revision rhinoplasty of the tip of the nose can be quite difficult to perform. It is important to obtain old records,  operative reports and photographs.  It's also important have realistic expectations and best to bring in pictures of your old nose  at time of consultation.   There are multiple cartilage grafting techniques are available to her reconstruct the tip but it really depends on the pre-existing anatomy and how much cartilage is left on the inside of the nose after the previous rhinoplasty

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 158 reviews

Tip Recreation, Possible Valve Collapse and Nostril Changes after Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

    If too much cartilage was taken and there is valve and nostril compromise, cartillage grafts are appropriate to reconstruct the tip and create alar struts for valve compromise or nostril symmetry concerns.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.