Is it possible to get white ink out. I want to get rid of this tattoo how many sessions will it take? (photo)

Laser Tattoo Removal for White Ink --Takes a series of treatments

This can be removed with lasers in a series of treatments. White ink can be a challenge to remove, so please see an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Is it possible to get white ink out?

Hello, thank you for your question and for including a photo.  I do not see white ink from the photo that you posted, I see red and black. If the tattoo has white, it is possible that once the black and red are removed that the white would no longer be noticeable. The latest technology in laser tattoo removal is pico-second technology. The PicoWay Laser (Candela/Syneron) uses photoacoustic impact/pressure waves rather than photothermal/heat.  This process has less heat, therefore it is more comfortable and the chances of hyperpigmentation are less.  The Pico-second pulse shatters the ink into even smaller particles, allowing the body to more easily absorb the ink. This technology can usually remove a tattoo in about half as many treatments as the traditional Q-switch devices. The black will respond very well to the 1064 wave length and the red will respond really well to the 532 wave length.  I would guess that this tattoo can be removed in about 3-5 treatments with the Pico technology.

Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon