How many sessions will it take to get rid of my tattoo? What's laser beam should be used? (photos)

I had this tattoo for about a month now and all I can say is I want my arm back! I just want it to look normal again. I'm sometimes depressed looking at this thing. I regret getting this. My tattoo is Darth Mauls light saber the blades are white in the inside and red on the outside and the hilt is grey and black. How many sessions will it take? Should I get the white part surgical remove and get the rest faded? Also what are some good places in Chicago (south side) for laser treatments?

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Tattoo Removal

I am sorry to hear about your tattoo regret. Pico lasers are the most advanced technology. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths and the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Certain colors respond best to certain wavelengths. The amount of treatments can vary based on several factors such as the location of your tattoo, your skin tone, how sharp the ink is, and how quickly your body eliminates the ink. I believe that tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring. I think it is important not only to seek the best technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider. I have been practicing tattoo removal for almost 20 years. Best wishes. 

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Surgical tattoo removal

Hi Geekkid78, I would suggest surgical removal of your tattoo.  This can be done in the office and would  take approximately one hour.  The result would be a thin line. The scar would never completely go away, but would fade significantly. I think the surgical results would be far superior than multiple laser results. In fact, it may be less expensive. If you have any questions regarding surgical removal of tattoos, please contact my office. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen.