Mini/tummy tuck 28 weeks post op. Had procedure 3/17/16. With recommended board certified plastic surgeon. (photos)

loose skin, he didn't suggest getting my flanks done, obviously not contoured like above pic....

Full tummy tuck

Dear Grecia,

Thanks for submitting your pictures and sorry for your disappointing result . I have been in practice for over 29 years and performed well over 1000 tummy tuck surgeries. Based on that experience, I can tell you that the indication for mini tummy tucks are very limited, especially after having children.  I would have not recommended mini tummy tuck in your situation, due to the significant skin laxity and stretch marks, muscles laxity and unattractive belly button.

A full tummy tuck, would have given you flat stomach, tight and youthful skin with less stretch marks, nice belly button and narrower waists.The good new is that you can still do the full tummy tuck (unfortunately,  with the full cost ) and get these benefits.

As you can see, not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and satisfying result. Cost is important, but the right surgeon is more so.  Do your due diligence carefully , choose your surgeon wisely and always, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with the above mentioned results.

Dr Widder

Mini tummy tuck result

Hello, your own physical characteristics will affect the results of a tummy tuck.  The picture shown as an example of a postoperative result is on a person with no stretch marks or loose skin above the belly button, so their preoperative appearance would not have been the same.

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - Mini/tummy tuck 28 weeks

Based on your photos, it appears that you would have benefitted more from a Full than a Mini.  That could have included, among other things, tightening of the abdominal wall.  Because you have a very low scar (which is generally desirable), it may be difficult for you to have a full TT now.  You can ask your surgeon about that, or meet with one or more other board-certified plastic surgeons to get opinions as to what your options might be at this point.  I'm sorry that you're disappointed with your results but I hope that this has helped and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

DrDerby

Thank your for your question and the photos. It looks like you would have been a better candidate for a full TT instead of mini. In General if a womn hhas had children its always best to do a full TT instead of a mini. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD