Tingling and Numbness in Both Arms at One Month - Suggestions?

I got breast augmentation 1 month ago with silicone at 300. I still have tingling and numbness in both arms and am wondering what to do. Is this normal? Will it go away? How can I help move this along?

Nerves regenerating

Most patients experience some numbness after surgery, and it generally takes up to year for sensation to fully return. You should have most sensation back within a few months. Unusual sensations are also common, such as tingling and shocks. These are signs of your nerves regenerating, which is a good thing.

Visit your PS

Thank you for the question. It would be difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination. At one month, it is not uncommon to have abnormalities and loss of sensation during this period since your are still in the recovery stage and your body is still healing from the operation.  Best to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full evaluation. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Arm tingling and numbness after breast augmentation

It is not clear from your description or photos how the implants were placed, and where exactly the numbness is.  It is not uncommon for patients who get a transaxillary approach to have some temporary numbness on the upper inner surface of the arm.  I have never seen it be permanent, and I do a lot of transaxillary breast augmentations.  Sometimes after any general anesthesia procedure, there can be some numbness or tingling of arms or legs based on positioning issues at the time of surgery.  This would likely be temporary as well.  Numbness and tingling can take weeks or months to improve.  Permanent changes are uncommon but possible.  You need to address these concerns with your surgeon.

Arm Tingling/Numbness after Breast Augmentation?

Thanks for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately, I am not able to give you good advice without more information. For example, what approach was used to perform the breast augmentation? Your symptoms may be more “explainable” if a transaxillary approach was used.

Physical examination will also be important to determine etiology of your symptoms.

It will be in your best interests to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will be able to give you more precise advice than online consultants will be able to do.