Sometimes I get random sharp pains in my breasts. I had my surgery almost six months ago. Saline 425ccs. Is this normal?

Pain post aug

This is normal.wheneever you cut as a surgeon you are cutting little sensory nerves and  as these heal you may have various sensations such as burning.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Pains in breast after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  The answer is "yes", it is normal to have some small aches and pains in the breast after breast augmentation.  Everyone is different in how their body reacts to surgery.  Some women will have various aches, pains, electric sensations, burning sensations, etc.  Most of these will be gone by 6 months, but they can occasionally last up to a year or so.  If it continues to be distracting, make sure to follow up with your surgeon who can evaluate you and make sure there is nothing else going on.  
Best of luck

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Random Sharp Pains Usually Normal following breast augmentation

Yes, It is completely normal to have occasional sharp pains after breast surgery most often below or at the side of your breasts. Usually, this pain is due to  the nerves being a bit more "excitable" during the first year and typically goes away completely within six months to one year

Sharp pains after breast augmentation?

It is completely normal to have occasional sharp pains after breast surgery.  Usually, this pain is due to the stretching of the nerves and typically does improve within six months to one year.  Anti-inflammatories, like ibuprofen, may help as well as gentle massage.  If the pain becomes persistent or unbearable, I would suggest that you see your plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Pain after breast surgery

it is very common to have patients with unusual pain in breast after surgery for the first year. Typically they all subside and everything ends up ok. The only concern I would have is if the pain is along the lower lateral boarders as sometimes this is from the capsule being stretched which allows the implant to move in that direction. So if the pain is in this as I would suggest wearing lots of support for a few weeks until it goes away. Now some rear cases the pain in the breast could be from something else so please make sure you are discussing this with your plastic surgeon and GYN. 

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Occasional sharp pain not unusual after breast augmentation

Occasional random sharp pain after breast augmentation is not unusual in the first year after breast augmentation. It takes time for all the nerves to recover and also for the capsule to form around the implant. Also the weight of the implant can occasionally cause discomfort. Normally this discomfort can be managed by wearing good support, and using anti-inflammatory pain medications such as Advil as needed. If the pain persists or gets worse, or any other changes are noted, you should check with your plastic surgeon, as occasionally this can be associated with the beginning of hardening (capsular contracture)

Jeffrey Hartog, MD