Is it possible to just get an augmentation without the lift? I don't want the scar (Photos)

My boobs are a little saggy and deflated. I breast fed 2 babies for 2 years. I definitely want an breast augmentation, but I don't want the bit lollipop scar. Is it possible to do? I'm a 36C

Breast lift with implants

Implants can certainly be placed without a lift.  However, the breast shape and nipple position will be less than ideal, and it is very likely that you will be dissatisfied with the results.

Augmentation without a lift

Thank you for your question.  Of course you can get a breast augmentation without a lift and there will certainly be doctors that will do that for you.  I would suggest that you will not be fully satisfied with your result if you do that.  From the looks of your photos you appear to need a lift along with an augmentation.  This will give you the best result.  The lollipop scar generally heals well and you will be happy with the perky breasts that you will get in turn.  Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation.

Dr. Peter Newen

Peter Newen, MD

Lollipop lift

You are an ideal candidate for the lollipop lift with implants.  If you nay get mplants your breasts will not have a satisfactory appearance.  The scars from the lollipop lift usually heal extremely well and will give your breasts a much nicer shape.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast surgery

I'd suggest a lift for the prettiest shaped breasts.  Implants alone may not look right since the implants will sit higher than the breasts.  Likely, your breasts will roll over the implants and still point down.  Be sure to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Tim Neavin, MD

Breast Augmentation Questions

I'm sure you'll find lots of doctors willing to perform a breast augmentation on you, however it will not look very good. No matter how big or high profile, an implant can not improve your nipple position.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

You require a breast lift

Based on your photos I would recommend a lift with or without a implant. An implant alone is not recommended. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Lift Only vs. Lift-Aug.

Whether or not a patient would require a lift depends on several factors. Generally, I look at whether I can see breast tissue when looking straight at the patient, the degree to which the lowermost part of the breast tissue hangs (>2 cm) below the natural breast crease as well as distance of the nipple itself from the same-side mid-clavicle or sternal notch. While measurements would be necessary to be sure, from the photos it appears that a lift would be in order. You could go ahead with implants alone however, I suspect that you would be unhappy with the result as the breast tissue would effectively 'Snoopy-nose' off of the end of your new breast mound, resulting in a unaesthetic appearance. It is certainly a trade off between contour and scarring, but I have very few patients who, a year or so later, are bothered by the scarring. 

Augmentation without a lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  I think your best aesthetic result would be with a lift plus implants but if you are ok with your nipple position and placement of your breasts on your chest wall then you can move forward with just implants.  It really depends on what look you wish to achieve.  An implant alone will not however replace what  a lift can do.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Is it possible to just get an augmentation without the lift? I don't want the scar

Of course it is possible.  But will it give you a satisfactory result, absolutely not.  You have the most advanced form of ptosis (sagging) with your nipples facing the floor rather than forward.  So, for a satisfactory result you definitely need some form of a lift, either a vertical or full anchor.  I don't think you can find a board-certified plastic surgeon who will agree to give you a breast enlargement without a lift.  Hope that helps.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Breast aug with out a lift.

Because your nipples are below the inframammary crease, unfortunately you need a breast lift with the scars you mention. If you only had breast implants, your breasts would look abnormal with the implants high and your nipples falling below the implants.