How can I tighten the loose skin on my tummy after pregnancy? (Photos)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 7
Loose stretch mark skin, muscle laxity…. Tummy tuck is your best option.
1. Keep your scar low so that it is hidden in the smallest bathing suit
2. Have your surgeon use Experil, a long acting pain reliever injected at the time of surgery for reduced pain and shorter recovery
3. Have your surgeon use Xeralto or Lovenox to reduce your risk of blood clots
4. Have your surgeon tighten your rectus diastasis and flatten you tummy muscles
5. Have your surgeon use progressive tension sutures to stitch your tummy skin down and not use a drain
6. Use incrimental compression garments during and after surgery to reduce risk of leg blood clots
7. Have your surgeon use dissolvable sutures so you have no stitch marks
8. Have your surgeon make your belly button a pinch on the small side since they stretch bigger
9. Have your surgeon gently shape your abdominal flap to create a more athletic appearance and muscular contour
10. Have your surgeon use Prineo tape bandages that stick on for six weeks to improve your tummy tuck scar.
11. Begin post operative massage one to two weeks after surgery to speed recovery
12. Begin with a board certified plastic surgeon and visit several offices
13. Seek a surgeon who does at least 100 tummy tucks per year
14. Internet discussions do not replace the advice of your physician
Best of luck to you!
Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you have submitted it looks as if you would be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck. I suggest you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options and goals. Best of luck!
Tummy Tuck To Eliminate Loose Skin and Fat, Microneedling to Minimize Stretchmarks
You might also like...
How can I tighten the loose skin on my tummy after pregnancy?
Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD
Los Angeles, CA
Flaccid abdominal skin
Your abdomen and waist will have a very dramatically and beautiful change after a TT.
There is no way to tighten skin.
How can you tighten loose skin after pregnancy?
Radio-frequency treatments are very helpful at tightening stretched skin but you need to be realistic about the results that can be achieved.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.