Can a person get a full tummy tuck and butt augmentation at the same time?

Tummy tuck and BBL

As long as you are healthy enough for a longer procedure, these operations can be done together. I do lots of combination procedures and this is one of the common combinations. Tummy tuck with liposuction is very common. The BBL just means we take the liposuctioned fat, process it and place it in buttock at the end of the case. Hope this helps. Find a surgeon who does this a lot. Good luck.

Combining procedures

This is a great question.  It's very common to combine a Brazilian Butt Lift with a Tummy Tuck to create great curves and a shapely mid section.  Combining procedures increases your anesthesia time and can increase your risk during surgery.  It is essential to look for a board certified plastic surgeon who combines these procedures frequently.  It is not enough to find someone who does a lot of tummy tucks or a lot of fat transfers.  Look for a surgeon who has experience with the combination.  You also need to be prepared for your recovery.  You will not be able to put pressure on your abdomen or your buttocks for a few weeks after surgery so you will need to lay on your side. Best wishes!

Andrew Jimerson, MD

BBL and TT

I prefer to stage the two so that I can harvest fat from the tummy area for the BBL.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Yes, a skilled and experienced surgeon should be able to do both at the same time on a healthy patient. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Full TT and Butt Augmentation

Hello, thank you for your question

In plastic surgery a few procedures are subject to be done together, others not, there are procedures that by rule are impossible to be done together but others that can be definitely done, in the case of your inquiry there's a possibility, of course, that will depend of you as an individual and after a consultation ad evaluation it can be determined.

Disnalda Matos, MD

Definitely. Tummy tucks and butt lifts are commonly done together. The fat is harvested during the TT with liposuction. I suggest the no Drain tummy tuck to reduce the recovery time and discomfort. also the complication of seroma (fluid collection) is dramatically reduced.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you for your question. 

Tummy tuck and buttock augmentation

The short answer is yes, provided you are a candidate for the surgery. I commonly preform this combination of surgeries. Find a surgeon in your area who is proficient in performing these procedures. 

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Combining cosmetic plastic surgery procedures like a tummy tuck and a buttock augmentation is not uncommon. Whether you are a reasonable candidate for those procedures depends on your anatomy, your medical history, the extent of the procedures, realistic expectations of the outcome and an understanding of the pros and cons of the various procedures.

Safety should always be the main concern. It is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. Many surgeons would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be appropriately monitored. Most patients prefer undergoing one anesthesia and one recovery period which is usually more cost effective.

Keep in mind that following the advice of any surgeon on this or any other web site who proposes to tell you what to do without: examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, and taking a full medical history, as well as discussing the pros and cons of each operative option would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by The American Board of
Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with, and discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. That way, you can have a better idea what is safe and makes the most sense for you.

Before proceeding with a combination of these procedures, you should have medical clearance from your primary care physician and a discussion between him or her and your plastic surgeon.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and BBL at the same time?

Thank you for your question. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands. The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you a better advices and a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD