I am expecting to have a partial hysterectomy in 5 or 6 months. Can I do coolsculpting before that surgery?

Coolsculpting and surgery

Provided there aren’t any other medical or contraindicative issues present.   Such as blood disorders Cryoglobulinemia, PCH, Cold Agglutinin Disease or any impaired circulatory problems, as well as history of Hyperplasia (from previous pregnancies) I don’t see why not.  However, I would consult your primary care physician or gynecologist to ensure these conditions are not present before a Coolsculpt treatment.   Lastly, if all is good you might consider doing this treatment before surgery, as there will be an inflammatory (healing) period following your partial hysterectomy.  It is usually advisable to not have any procedures done for 6-12 months post an abdominal surgery, for maximum healing.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Before Hysterectomy

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can have Coolsculpting performed prior to your hysterectomy. It is advisable to wait 6 months after surgery to the abdomen to have Coolscuplting treatment done in this area.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting and hysterectomy

Provided you are otherwose healthy, you absolutely can have coolsculpting without affecting your hysterectomy surgery.  All the best.

Fat freezing before surgery

I would not recommend having treatment any less than 3 months before open surgery of the same area, if the hysterectomy is being done with an external cut. If it is being done internally, then it probably doesn't matter, but check with your OBGYN. Regards, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney, Australia 

Coolsculpting before Hysterectomy

It is definitely alright to have Coolsculpting before a hysterectomy.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in this procedure for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

CoolSculpting is O.K. Before Hysterectomy

Hey Lilmer, it is absolutely perfect to have CoolSculpting before surgery.  After surgery, you may need to wait 3 months, to allow a surgical scar to heal completely before CoolSculpting.  With laparascopic procedures, this tends to be less of a concern.  Before is always better.  I hope that helps.  I wish you all the best!

Dr. St. Surin

CoolSculpting and surgery

Yes it would be fine to do CoolSculpting now. After surgery you should wait at least 6 months for a CoolSculpting procedure at the site of your incision. Best wishes, Maurice Vick MD

Maurice M. Vick, Jr., MD
Baton Rouge Urologist

Coolsculpting prior to surgery

There is no issue having Coolsculpting performed on your abdomen prior to your hysterectomy. It is recommended to wait 6 months post surgery at the abdomen (hernia repair, hysterectomy, and cesareans) to have a Coolsculpting treatment in this area. 

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

Coolsculpting before surgery?

This is perfectly fine to do. It won't at all affect the surgery. Don't have any apprehension about doing it.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Coolsculpting before another surgery

Yes, there shouldn't be any problem with you having Coolsculpting and then another surgery.  Good luck with everything.

Stephanie Martin, MD
Atlanta Orthopaedic Surgeon