Can I get botox 2 weeks after my labiaplasty?

I recently had a labiaplasty and will be seeing my surgeon in Toronto for a 2 week post op. Since I will be in Toronto I made an appointment fot some botox. I tried botox in early September for the first time and got 6 units in my forehead which looked great! However I experienced drowsiness and flu like symptoms for about a week which I understand can happen to some people. If I get botox and put this substance in my body will it effect my labiaplasty recovery or is it better to wait?

Botox

You should be ok to do the botox , it should not affect your post op recovery . You can verify with your surgeon when you go for your follow up if any contraindications.Good Luck. 

Montreal Dermatologist

Botox Post Labiaplasty

Thank you for your inquiry. You should be able to have Botox injections after your surgery or even prior without it having any effect on surgery recovery. Keep in mind that you will not be able to lie down for 4 hours post injections so after labiaplasty surgery may not be such a great idea since you will probably want to lie down afterwards. Best of luck to you and dont forget to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Botox after surgery

Thank you for your question minou333. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. If I had a patient with a surgery two weeks prior who is interested in Botox I would have no problem recommending it assuming there are no complications with the surgery and there are no contraindications. To be safe I would have her check with her surgeon to make sure it would be ok. I would not suspect that Botox would interfere with surgical recovery but I would check with the surgeon. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox after surgery

There should be no difficulty getting Botox after your surgery. The flu like symptoms are very rare and maybe wont occur this time at all

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox after surgery

Botox after your surgery should be absolutely safe to have done and have no effect on the surgery itself. Best of luck and enjoy your treatment!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Botox after labiaplasty

There is no risk to your surgical result by getting Botox before or after your procedure. It will not affect your result. 

All the best!

Dr. Brace

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Labiaplasty Botox

You should be okay with getting Botox injections post labiaplasty and shouldn't have any correlation with recovery time or results. 

Botox post labiaplasty

I don't see any contraindications doing Botox post our surgery. However, I  would ask your surgeon if he/she has any objections to you doing the Botox.  I think that would reassure you.

Cynthia Stolovitz, MD
Montreal Physician

Botox post op

Botox should not interfere with your post op recovery and it is safe. Be sure to use an experienced injector.

Botox following labiaplasty

Thank you for sharing your concerns. It is fine to receive Botox injections following your surgery. I hope this helps. Good luck,