Can I get botox 2 weeks after my labiaplasty?

I recently had a labiaplasty and will be seeing my surgeon in Toronto for a 2 week post op. Since I will be in Toronto I made an appointment fot some botox. I tried botox in early September for the first time and got 6 units in my forehead which looked great! However I experienced drowsiness and flu like symptoms for about a week which I understand can happen to some people. If I get botox and put this substance in my body will it effect my labiaplasty recovery or is it better to wait?

Botox After Labiaplasty

Thank you for your question. Botox works by blocking signals from the nerves to the muscles. The injected muscle can then no longer contract, which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften. It is okay to have Botox before or after your surgery. Botox should not have an effect on your surgery. However, to be safe I would check with your surgeon. I do not believe it will interfere with your recovery time. Best of Luck! 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox after Labiaplasty

There should be no complications or risks with getting Botox during labiaplasty recovery. You can discuss potential Botox side effects with your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about how it might affect you. Good luck. 

Usha Rajagopal, MD

Botox for the forehead.

You can have Botox injections on your next visit.  It will not affect your previous surgical procedure.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox

You should be ok to do the botox , it should not affect your post op recovery . You can verify with your surgeon when you go for your follow up if any contraindications.Good Luck. 

Joseph Doumit, MD
Montreal Dermatologist

Botox Post Labiaplasty

Thank you for your inquiry. You should be able to have Botox injections after your surgery or even prior without it having any effect on surgery recovery. Keep in mind that you will not be able to lie down for 4 hours post injections so after labiaplasty surgery may not be such a great idea since you will probably want to lie down afterwards. Best of luck to you and dont forget to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Botox after surgery

Thank you for your question minou333. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. If I had a patient with a surgery two weeks prior who is interested in Botox I would have no problem recommending it assuming there are no complications with the surgery and there are no contraindications. To be safe I would have her check with her surgeon to make sure it would be ok. I would not suspect that Botox would interfere with surgical recovery but I would check with the surgeon. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox after surgery

There should be no difficulty getting Botox after your surgery. The flu like symptoms are very rare and maybe wont occur this time at all

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox after surgery

Botox after your surgery should be absolutely safe to have done and have no effect on the surgery itself. Best of luck and enjoy your treatment!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Botox after labiaplasty

There is no risk to your surgical result by getting Botox before or after your procedure. It will not affect your result. 

All the best!

Dr. Brace

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Labiaplasty Botox

You should be okay with getting Botox injections post labiaplasty and shouldn't have any correlation with recovery time or results.