Is recovery from TT with lipo messy?

I am having a tummy tuck with liposuction on Friday and want to know how I should prepare my recovery area at home. Will I have messy leakage coming out of my body? Should I be sleeping on old towels and puppy pads? Or can I expect this to be a fairly clean and tidy recovery? I'd like to have everything ready in advance so that I don't have to worry about this after I get back from the surgical center.

Drainage post tummy tuck & liposuction

You will need to speak with your surgeon since whether or not there will be any fluid drainage post operatively is going to depend on the technique used. In general, there shouldn't be any with a tummy tuck. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Leakage after Liposuction and Tummy Tuck

In general, there should not be any fluid leakage from a tummy tuck procedure.  As far as the liposuction goes, I close all my liposuction incision sites, so there is no mess or drainage.  Some other surgeons choose not to close the incision site so there may be some drainage of fluid. 

It would be best to discuss this with your plastic surgeon to see how it would be best for your to prepare.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Is recovery from TT with lipo messy?

We close all our wounds and there is no leakage or mess. That may not be the case with your doctor. It might be a good idea for you to call your surgeon for an answer as none of us will know how he performs his surgery. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tummy Tuck

Good morning. You should prepare some towels and pads. It is quite normal to be have leaking after the liposuction. The fluid will be red tinged but is mostly the solution that was injected coupled with very little blood. This usually stops after a day or so. Best wishes!