Will I need a lift? (Photo)

I've had my breast done for first time 17 yrs ago with 550 saline . I recently got them revised August 2014 and as much as I love them I feel they are to big . My dr did a wonderful job and was great at listening to my wants but now I feel like I should of listened to his and stayed around 550-600 . wondering now if I would need a lift if I go down 200 ccs of silicone under muscle . I'm currently 800 ccs silicon moderate profile . Thank you in advance .

Will I need a lift?

I think it is unlikely you will need a lift and certainly should not do one at the time of downsizing.
You can always get one later if necessary, but it would be a mistake to do a lift until after you downsize and allow your tissues to contract on their own as much as they can. 

Deciding on a Breast Lift with a Revision

The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy.
With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation. Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct heightmay also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Down sizing implants

Thanks for ur question! While ur photo looks good, those r pretty large implants: 800cc is currently as large as the FDA will allow for gel implants; wow! So I think u will like the look & feel of down sizing ur implants. 
However, I do agree that while u may not need an external lift (yet), u will def benefit from an internal lift (fancy medical term capsulorrhaphy) to place ur newer smaller implants more medial & superior. I routinely do this with my own implant exchange surgeries: u will like the shape better. 
It's important to note that time & gravity keep going, so while u might not need an external lift now, u will maybe need one 5, 10, 20 years down the road. I tell my own patients this, & to do the lift whenever u feel like u r ready for it. 
Best of luck to u!!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Lift after a revision

Based on your shape and the nipple position, it appears you can go smaller without needing a Lift.  Some internal pocket work will probably need to be done most likely.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Thank You for your Question!

No. Try down sizing first and then decide.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Best of luck of your future cosmetic endeavors.

Howard N. Robinson, MD (retired)

Will I need a lift?

Hi tinkerone,

You may need a vertical tightening of your pocket if you go significantly smaller if you do not wish to have wrinkling or rippling. If you put a smaller ball into the box, you can understand that it will have a lot more room in which to move around. A capsulorraphy may help, but there may be a limit on how much your pocket can be tightened with this method alone.
It would be best for you to discuss these issues with your plastic surgeon.
Dr. Christine Rodgers

Will I need a lift?

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it does not appear you will need a lift should you chose to downsize your implants.  I would however, recommend capsulorraphy (internal pocket tightening) so that the smaller implants sit in the correct position on your chest wall.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Revision Reduction Breast Augmentation

You will not need a breast lift reducing your implants by 25% (200 cc).  In fact, you could probably reduce your implants to ANY size you want, and still not have significant nipple malposition or hanging breast tissue. However, your smaller implants would probably benefit from an internal capsular closure so that they sit in the correct position on your chest wall. This is called a capsulorrhaphy and is commonly done when smaller implants are being placed. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Lift after revision

Based on photos and your description I think you will be able to get a revision surgery to go smaller and not need a lift.  I would recommend internal pocket tightening (capsulorraphy).  An in person exam is always best though.  Make sure you see a Board certified Plastic Surgeon who performs a lot of revision breast surgery. Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Needing a #BreastLift ?

From your photos, it doesn't appear that you would need a lift, but there is no way to tell from the photos alone. The smaller the difference between implant volumes, the less likely, but as the breast skin has less volume, the more droopy it may seem.

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD