I loved myself with 250 sizers in the Dr. Office. Will 250cc moderate round under the muscle look like the sizers? (Photo)

Will the implants look like the sizers? Im 5'8 and 125lbs. The sizers in one office looked very different than the sizers in another Dr. I consulted. One was shaped like a breast snd another was round. The ones i liked were more breast dhsped and looked like a half which looked perfect.

Sizers

When you are using sizer on top of your breast, you can get an idea of what you may look like and gives the doctor an idea of what you want to look like.  Often using a sizer on top of the breast will require a slightly larger implant to get the same look.  I recommend my patients to find photos of what they want to look like, that will give me an idea of the implant size and shape that will get them the look they want.  The final implant selection is best done during surgery and I often use the size the patients select as a ballpark guideline, making the decisions to go larger or smaller during surgery based on the photos they show me.

I loved myself with 250 sizers in the Dr. Office. Will 250cc moderate round under the muscle look like the sizers?

Although many doctors like to have the patient choose the implant size, I personally feel that is the surgeon's responsibility. If you can't show him a photo and have him do what it takes to get that look, perhaps you should be looking for a more artistic surgeon willing to assume the responsibility of the artist. Even the surgeons who have you try on implants will tell you that is a flawed technique because the implants always look different "in" you than they do "on" you.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Similar but not exact. This is where you have to trust that you have conveyed your goals well to your surgeon. The surgeon will need some room for making the decision of what will ultimately look best on your body. Sometimes the implants do not look the same when you actually place them vs putting them in a bra. That is why I usually have several implant options the day of surgery.

Richard J. Brown, MD

No they will not, because once the implant goes inside, especially under the muscle, you lose about 10-15% of the volume visually.  So what I tell my patients is whatever size they like using the sizers inside the bra, we have to add another 10-15% to it for the same amount of enlargement in surgery.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

sounds like one surgeon had round implant sizers and the other had anatomical shaped implant sizer. In general, when you place an implant under the muscle there is a bit of flattening and slightly less projection compared to a sizer placed on your skin. Possibly about a 10% decrease in projection.

Julio Garcia, MD

The Perfect Breast

Size is a critical question for many women who choose breast augmentation.
The key is to work with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with expertise and experience in breast augmentation.
Be assured that our surgeons have lots of experience with implant sizes and patient reactions. They’ll be able to help you think this decision through, considering your body type and other factors. It’s helpful to bring pictures of breasts you find appealing to your consultation appointment.
There is an ideal shoe size for your foot. Too small and your foot will be crammed and too large and your foot will not fill the shoe. The same thing is true with breasts: too large and it will look round and fake; too small and it will be loose and empty on the top.
The common denominator to the most beautiful breasts is that they were sized objectively on the basis of measurements. We combine a proven formula based on measurements of the rests and chest along with through discussions of patient's desires. Photos of ideal breasts and results from patients with similar breasts are often very helpful in the discussion. A rice test in the office or at home can also be very helpful.

250cc sizer

Yes I believe sizers are a very good tool to predict outcomes.  As as matter of fact, the implant is an added volume to your breast and although the shape and position are different, the exercise of trying on sizers gives a good visual in a non padded bra and a form fitting shirt.  Hope this helps.
Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Will the 250cc pre operative sizer look the same after surgery

The sizer will give you a basic volume,  but will not exactly duplicate what your breasts will look like.  My experience has been picking out a size ahead of time can sometimes lead to disappoint and many women realize the implant didn't give them as much fullness as they desired.
Christopher Costanzo MD, Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon 

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

The average volume is 350 cc in the US.  This implant may be a bit on the small side when placed under the muscle.  Most women will benefit from a round implant.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

How implants will look inside the body

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Implants tend to look a little smaller once they are placed in the body.
  • This is because the body tissues soften the appearance of the implant.
  • The tear drop or breast-shaped implant is a very nice, natural look.
  • The round implants will give more upper chest fullness, and slope less at the top.
  • If the tear-drop looked perfect, it sounds like the shape you want.
  • Ask your surgeon if you should stay with that size or go slightly larger.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.