Should there be more fluid inky TT drains when I'm laying down?

I had a TT with lipo yesterday 11/18. I've been in my bed the majority of the time. When I'm laying down, there is hardly any liquid flowing into the drains. It's not until I stand up to go to the bathroom or to take a walk in my hallway that the tubing flows into the cup. Is that ok! The fluid is just sitting and collecting inside of me but I don't want to end up with a problem. I realize that this is me vs. gravity, but inkjet want to be sure this isn't problematic.

Drains are working

but make sure your drains are compressed so there is a constant vacuum as it will 'suck' the fluid out, regardless of what position you are in.  Shifting position may cause some accumulated fluid to flow more to the drain tubing and what you have is considered reasonable.  Just make sure your drains are compressed before capping them.

Drains are working

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Drain concerns after tummy tuck surgery...

Yes, what you are desrcibing is quite normal. As long as the drains are functioning,  I do not think you have anything to worry about. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with.

Drainage

Hi there and thanks for sharing your concerns. This is completely normal and should not be problem. However, I suggest following up with your surgeon for assurance.

We wish you the best of luck!

Drainage

We wish you the best of luck!

Yes after a Tummy tuck, the drain output will vary depending on the position you are in.  So this is quite normal.

Should there be more fluid in TT drains when I'm laying down?

If the drains are functioning and they are holding suction, there may be a bit of difference with body shifts.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

Drains

Thanks for the question. This sounds completely normal. It often depends where the tips of the drains are located. If you have a drain coming out from each hip area then the tips normally sit just above your pubic bone. When lying down any fluid will collect in the flanks and is less likely to be drained. Once you stand up the fluid moves to above your pubic bone and into the drains. 

Drains