Breast lift and a breast augmentation?

I've gone to a couple different Drs and have gotten different answers. I'm confused as ever on what I should do about my surgery. Either I should get the lollipop lift or the benelli lift. I think the lollipop is the best option to get the exact shape I want cause it's more to work with but if I don't need that Kind of lift I would like to know if the benelli lift can give the same outcome And have that tear drop look.

Breast Lift with Implant

Thanks for your photos.

A Breast lifting together with an implant will be needed.

A Benelli lifting procedure in your case would not give a good result as your breast shape is not available and your NAC (Nipple areola complex) will get bigger because of implants and their effects.

Therefore a Lollipop scar should be your choice and the scar will get invisable in between one year.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and a breast augmentation?

This is a question that is often asked. If you are willing to go with a large implant you can avoid the need for a breast lift.

Fred Suess, MD

Type of lift

You're a bit tricky because your breasts are not large, therefore not a lot of droop; Also your areolas are relatively large, particularly your right one.  Although I am not a fan of the Benelli lift, in some circumstances it it a good option.  You may be benefit from that operation.
Ary Kraqu MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Benelli Lift

I prefer a Lollipop type Lift which is called a Vertical Mastopexy, because I am able to make your breasts perky and with minimal scars.  I know longer do the Benelli Lift which is not really a lift at all, but rather a skin tightening procedure.  The drawbacks to me of a Benelli Lift are the potential for poor scars, flatten nipples and wide areolas.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Benelli Lift Only for Minimal Ptosis

Although many might give you a Benelli lift, it is not your best option. You have fuller, more asymmetric breasts then a Benelli lift can treat well. A formal lift will allow the surgeon to fully control nipple position and size without circumareolar tension that causes so many problems seen after a Benelli lift performed on less then perfect candidates.  In addition, breast shape and size can be better controlled with a formal lift. 

Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast lift and a breast augmentation?

From your photos and desires, I think you will be happier with a lollipop or anchor type of mastopexy than with the Benelli (donut) lift.  These lifts will add an extra scar or two, but will give you a better overall result, in the long run.   Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Benelli or Vertical Lift

The Benelli lift is a reasonable operation when your goal is an areola reduction or a subtle elevation of the nipple. The circumvertical is a more powerful lift with better control of scar and contour of the breast.

Sounds like you have already figured that out. Kudos to you.

Now go with the board certified plastic surgeon you feel most comfortable with who has the post op photos that most resemble the aesthetic you desire.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift w/augmentation?

Thank you for your question and photos. Although it is difficult to say for certain, the photos appear to show that your nipple position is at, or slightly lower than, your lower breast fold. This would normally be an indication for a vertical mastopexy (lift) which could be combined with augmentation or performed first before implant placement at a later date. The Benelli pexy utilizes a buried non-absorbable suture which takes tension off of the scar during healing to avoid widening. However, this also can cause a flattening effect around the areola limiting normal projection. I know that it can be difficult to make a decision when you're hearing different approaches from different surgeons. I can only recommend that you take the time to do as much research as possible before proceeding, to make certain that you are comfortable with the surgical plan. Best of luck to you.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Breast lift and a breast augmentation?

It really isn't possible to give a good answer without a direct frontal view, the camera at nipple level (not raised) and your arms relaxed at your sides. But from the photos available it appears you have large areolas and a short distance nipple to fold, so the best choice with that specific anatomy is the benelli lift coupled with a dual plane augmentation.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast lift and implants

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you would be a good candidate for a lollipop (vertical) breast lift (mastopexy) with implants.  The Benelli lift will not contour as well and may result in flattening of the breasts and increased risk for spreading of your scar.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS