THOUGHTS on combining full Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation, and Lipo of flanks?

Is that too much in one surgery to heal from? 27 yr old non smoker in good health.

Multiple Procedures Such as In a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Tummy tuck with lipo and breast aug combined

Thank you for your question. A tummy tuck/lipo and breast augmentation are great procedures to combine as they address some of big changes that happen after pregnancy or weight changes. It is often referred to as a mommy makeover. It is a bigger procedure and may often require a night in the hospital. I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options in more detail, review if there are any medical reasons to stage the procedure. If they deem you are healthy to have have the combined procedure, then you will only have one recovery.

Thoughts on combining full tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and lipo of flanks?

Hello! Thank you for your question! These procedures can be effectively and safely performed in one setting. The breasts and tummy tuck are commonly performed together, often referred to as the "mommy makeover". If you are healthy and your surgeon decides that s/he could perform the procedures in a safe time for you, these procedures certainly can be done in one stage. Staging the procedures to have them performed at various times will likely not have any cost benefit for you. When you combine procedures, there is often a discount that is provided by the surgeon for multiple procedures. Also, when having multiple procedures performed at the same time, you save on anesthesia and facility fees, which otherwise are paid for with each individual procedure. In addition, you may benefit by the single recovery time.

It is your decision as to whether you have your procedures performed in one or multiple stages, but your surgeon will give his/her recommendations. I would consult with a plastic surgeon well-versed in these procedures and discuss your concerns with your surgeon and see what your options are as well as have an examination. Your safety is ultimately the most important factor and is always on the mind of your surgeon when making such decisions. Hope that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast augmentation, liposuction, and abdominoplasty are commonly done as part of a mommy makeover.

The operations you are describing are commonly done in combination referred to as a mommy makeover. Provided you are in good health it should be no problem to accomplish them all in one sitting.

Multiple procedures

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation are quite often combined together in one surgical procedure. Liposuction can be added to this combination safely in most cases. But the amount of liposuction should be limited. I personally try to limit my OR time for an elective surgery to about 5-6 hours and my liposuction volume with combined procedures to about 2-3 liters of aspirate.  You and your surgeon should be able to determine if you would be able to fit into these parameters. 

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Not Unreasonable!

Understandably, combining surgical procedures adds length to your anesthesia time. This may have an impact on the overall complication rates for the procedures. For an otherwise healthy patient, the combination of abdominoplasty, breast augmentation, and limited liposuction (of the flanks in this case) would not be unreasonable. The surgical setting is an important factor to consider (hospital or ambulatory surgery center vs. office based).

Isidoros J. Moraitis, MD

Combining multiple procedures

I routinely combine breast augmentation with or without lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction of the flanks in young healthy patients.  Best of luck.

This is the classic "Mommy Makeover" . It takes about 6 hours or more depending on your size. Patients have no problem with the healing usually. The quality of your results depends on your choice of surgeon so choose wisely. There is no substitute for good judgement call and skill and that will in most cases dictate how you will do in recovering postoperatively as well as what type of results you will get.

William Aiello, M.D.  Newport Beach and Los Alamitos CA 

William Aiello, MD

Mommy Makeover

A full Tummy tuck with liposuction and breast augmentation will address your areas of concern and are commonly done together. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation and more details. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Combining Procedures

These three procedures are commonly combined, and often referred to as a mommy makeover. So long as you are in good health and you choose a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in these procedures, you can be confident that combining these particular procedures will work well for you. Best of luck