Follow-Up Question: Hernia scar looking for a tummy tuck

Got some answer from Doutors I do appreciated I was ask to give for info So here goes ,done 5 years ago it's a horizontal scar about 2" wide and its 2" above my belly bottom hope this helps me to get my answers conserning my tummy tuck Ii do wanna avoid doing a fleur - de lis what is my options and risks with just a tummy talk Thank u appreciated all the help

Thank you for your question. During the procedure the incision will be made low at about the same level as your pubic hair for the scar to be hidden under bikini level. For improved tightening of the upper abdomen a small incision around belly button might be necessary. Placement of the belly button is very important for a beautiful belly. Tummy tuck operation is also a surgical choice for patients whom want to get rid of love handles. Our experienced plastic surgeons will explain these options and help you find out best treatment plan to reach satisfactory results.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Previous scar considering a tummy tuck

A photograph would help in giving you an idea as to whether you would be at risk of poor healing because of fat necrosis between your existing scar and the new abdominoplasty incision, poor healing because of too much tension on the abdominoplasty incision if the excision includes your hernia scar, or whether a tummy tuck without vertical scar can be done at all. You should get an opinion from an experienced abdominoplasty surgeon after he has examined you. 

Atul Kesarwani, MD, FRCSC

Hernia scar

I'm not sure why all the questions online without photos.  I suggest actually consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon for a full evaluation and to discuss your options for surgery.  Best wishes!

Tummy tuck & existing scar

I am confused as to your question. If you want to know whether or not the existing scar from your hernia repair will be improved with a tummy tuck, it is impossible to say without seeing you in person. My best advice would be for to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

I am not sure what you are asking.  If you are asking if the old scar will be removed, it would be difficult to say without an exam.

Abdominoplasty incision

Thanks for your question.  We really need a photo or two to answer your question more accurately.

Scars well above the umbilicus are rarely removed with a horizontal lower pelvic incision as they are too high and there is not enough skin to advance downward.  I have seen scars removed, but at the expense of a very high lower abdominal incision/scar which shows with clothing and bathiing suits.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Previous surgery can interfere with blood supply for a tummy tuck

Previous surgery can interfere with the blood supply for a tummy tuck.  Fortunately, there are many different types of tummy tucks.  So, a modification of a tummy tuck might be the answer here.  Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation to assure the best possible result.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for posting your question, but it would be better to post a few pictures so that we can see what is going on. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS