Why do I still have gyno even though I did it with a board certified plastic surgeon, even 5 month after?? (photos)

My doctor says that it is only scar tissue. I just can't imagine my chest flattening out after being given a shot that he said he will give me. As I write this, my body fat% is around 11% and I work out on a weekly basis and eat healthy. I will put up my before photos and if any Dr's would like me to take new photos to see a possible comparison, I will do that.

It is impossible to comment on your results without preop photos for comparison.  I recommend you discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Chest residual fullness cane related to fatty tissue, glandular breast tissue, and swelling. Hard to say without comparison to preops and also in office evaluation.

Concerned about Lumps 5 Months After Gynecomastia Surgery

It's still quite early into your healing stage. Your incisions will go through a maturation #process. The areas may feel “lumpy” and irregular and should decreases with time. Often, massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.
Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. 

Dear networker,

It is not uncommon to have some breast gland asymmetry with excess tissue 5 months after gynecomastia surgery. Generally, I’d wait 12 months until all soft tissue swelling and edema has resolved and then any asymmetry or fullness you have will require consultation for enhancement or revision surgery. Revision surgery either indirect through advanced liposuction such as BodyTite can generally improve the overall symmetry of the breast gland size and shape. Repeat excisional surgery may be required although can often be avoided.

I hope this information is of some assistance and best of luck.

To find out more, please visit the link below.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

There are many reasons why you may still feel that you have gynecomastia following your procedure. You are correct that before photos are needed. Also, did you have liposuction only or did you also have an excision? Repost with this additional information and you will get much better answers.

Residual gynecomastia

Thank you for the question and photos but you did not say whether you had liposuction or excision or a combination of both and an examination is really needed.  So see some experts in your area.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD