Doctor Needed in the WV, MD, or PA area to preform Rhinoplasty and Cheek Implants? (photos)

I am relocating from TN to WV in November for 6 months and want to get these two opperations done simultaneously while I'm away. I am willing to drive to other states around WV if that in needed. I am currently looking for a doctor who preforms both rhinoplastys and cheek impants and their estimated cost range for having both of these procedures done. I want to show up to the consult with money in hand and ready to reserve and book a surgical date.
See average cost for Rhinoplasty

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

You need to select your surgeon based on his results. And please forget the cheek implants!

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

I lowered the bump on the bridge, elevated the tip a bit, narrowed the tip, brought the whole nose a little closer to your face, and then lowered the bridge again to match the new position of the tip.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

You have fantastic cheekbones right now; don't let a plastic surgeon cause you harm by sticking something up there. 

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasy Doctor

Greetings

In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with facial implants

Facial implants (cheek or chin) can be performed during rhinoplasty. Most often patients who seek rhinoplasty will more likely benefit from chin augmentation rather than cheek augmentation. Based on the photographs alone, you may consider chin augmentation with a silicone implant, then later augment the cheeks as desired. Cheeks can be enhanced with implant or filler (ex. Juvederm, Restylane, etc). If you haven't already, you can speak with a facial plastic surgeon to review options with you.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

From the photographs presented, it appears that there's an overly projecting nose, and an under projecting chin. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, decreasing the projection of the nose, and refining the nasal tip. A chin implant should be considered for the weak and recessive chin profile to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. Cheek implants are not necessary, and will only exacerbate the weak chin issue. Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience with the procedure. For more information, our current price list, and many before and after examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Nose and cheek (?chin?)

CaverGirl, Search the Internet for your choice but take my advice and see an experienced surgical specialist; one that has done "only faces" for decades. Look at their photos and make sure they have a plethora of good photos. By the way I would be recommending your chin over your cheeks based on what I can see on your photos alone. See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and implants

I prefer to use fillers now instead of implants for the cheeks. Your nose can be treated at the same time. Best of luck!

Rhinoplasty and malar implants

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a nasal tip de-projection to make the overall size of the nose smaller and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Malar implants could have a nice result in you also.  I always use medpor implants with screw fixation.  Silicone implants have a very high rate of malrotation compared to medpor.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty & cheek implants

Thank you for your question and photographs.

From the photographs you have posted, I believe you may benefit from a hump reduction and tip rhinoplasty. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. I offer a virtual reality 3D simulator for my patients to be able to get an idea of what they would look like before and after surgery. Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident and reassured in their decision. You also look like a good candidate for cheek implants to add fullness and more definition to your cheek area and bone structure. I am located in the Pittsburgh area and am a member of the Rhinoplasty Society. I would be happy to see you for a consultation, please feel free to call my office at 412-446-0391. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon