Im Thinking of Getting Dermal Fillers?

should i seek a plastic surgeon or a cosmetic surgeon? and what should be used juverderm or restlyne

Doctor Answers 5

Im Thinking of Getting Dermal Fillers?

Seek a reputable medical provider such as Board Certified physicians, or Dermatoloigts to ensure a result you wish to achieve

Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon
3.7 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Who injects soft tissue fillers?

Ask your friends and your primary care doctor who they recommend. It should be someone who is a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience with use of these products. When you have your consultation, ask to see before and after photos and what the risks and benefits are as well as expected side effects. Also ask him/her where the product would benefit you most--it can be used under the eyes, in the cheeks, around the mouth, in the nose, or in the lips.

As far as what product to use, it depends on the area of the face that you are treating. If you have never had fillers before, I typically recommend a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm or Belotero or Restylane.

Laurie Jacobson, MD
Seattle Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Dermal Fillers

You should make sure in all medical treatments including dermal fillers, that you seek the care of a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Any of these specialists will have experience with the treatment and will be able to manage any possible problems in the rare event that they occur. Both restalyn and juvederm are hyaluronic acid fillers. This is a component of collagen which is what makes up the dermal layer of your skin. Each of these fillers has slightly different characteristics which make them useful in different areas. Juvederm is very good in the lips whereas restalyn tends to be better in the areas under your eyes. An experienced injector will have his or her own preferences for type of filler and the areas in which he/she uses them. You should ask to see before and after pictures as this will give you an idea of the work that they do. Hope this helps and good luck!!!

Beth Collins, MD
New Haven General Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

I'm thinking of getting dermal fillers?

I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. They are all great choices. The ideal filler to use really depends on the areas you would like to improve, as Restylane and Juvederm both work fantastic in specific places. This is something that should be discussed with your provider ahead of time. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 47 reviews

Deciding on fillers

Plastic surgeons, cosmetic surgeons, and most dermatologists are extensively trained in dermal filler treatments.  I would suggest that a physician specializing in any of these areas would be a good option as long as they regularly treat patients with fillers.  There are a variety of filler options including Juvederm and Restylane.  These two products are very similar as they are both made of hyaluronic acid.  The physician you select may prefer one of these fillers over the other and I would defer to their judgement on this matter.

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.