Am I Too Thin to Get a Brazilian Butt Lift? (photo)

I am 120lbs and 5'7 and my plastic surgeon is asking me to gain 7lbs or more before he even considers doing the BBL on me. I thought I had enough fat in my thighs and in my stomach, but he is adamant about me gaining some weight. My problem is, I don't want to gain any weight in my legs again, as I find it the hardest to lose weight in that area. I was also told that liposuction in the legs can eventually look ugly in the future, leaving you with bumpy looking skin. Any advice?

Am I Too Thin to Get a Brazilian Butt Lift?

Thank you for your question, you seem to have several pockets of fat for us to be able to transfer that into the buttocks with conservative results.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Brazillian Butt Lift

Dear Anna, in your case, since you are slim, you need less fat to achieve your ideal or desired proportion. In a "slim" person,  600-800cc of fat is usually available for transfer from different sites. 300-400cc fat, each side should good enough to achieve the desired result.

Weight gain before BBL

At your current weight you may not have sufficient fat to perform a fat transfer to the buttock with meaningful results. I agree you should gain more weight before surgery; liposuction of your thighs can be done so don't be too concerned with having large thighs after the surgery.Discuss this in detail again with your surgeon and visit with the surgeon once you've gained the recommended amount of weight. If you don't gain enough weight, you may not be happy with your results as 30-40% of the fat will shrink after surgery.

Best wishes

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

I do not believe you have enough fat to transfer to the buttock so as to give you a moderate change.  You are probably better having a consultation with a plastic surgeon and see if you have any fat to transfer.

You can get a modest increase in buttock size and shape with liposuction of the front, sides, back, and legs and transfer of that fat to the buttocks.  I could probably get enough fat from you to get 700 cc per buttock.  This procedure is highly surgeon and technique dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

The question is whether you have enough fat to warrant the procedure, and it's hard to answer that without being able to see you in person.  But your PS is already indicating that although you have the procedure you may not have ENOUGH fat to make you happy.  How much bigger do you want to be?  You can do the breast implant test and apply it to a different region of your body.  Put about ten ounces of uncooked rice in a bag and see if you'd be comfortable with that much added to each side.  Then ask your PS if he/she can get 300 cc's of fat for each side.  If so you should be happy with the result.  If not, find out how much your surgeon thinks can be obtained for each side, make up a "sample" and then see if you'll be happy with that.  You can take a look at my video below, and apply it to the buttocks rather than the breasts.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E