Scar Looks Big a Week After Inner Thigh Lift with Mini Butt Tuck

I had inner thigh lift with a mini butt tuck only a week ago but the scar is so big it looks like a duck tail and I had lipo on the outer part of my thigh "saddle bags" now the skin looks very loose and wrinkled, will it tighten up over time. am I still to early to tell? right now it looks bad.

Scarring Following Thigh Lift Surgery

It's important to understand that wound healing is a dynamic process that goes on for 12 to18 months following surgery. During this period, swelling slowly resolves and scars lose their redness, flatten and slowly remodel. For these reasons, it's far to early to make decisions about wound healing only one week after surgery. It's, therefore, important to be patient and give your wounds time to improve.

It's also important to take steps in the post-operative period to minimize scarring. A variety of maneuvers have been utilized to improve scars. These include techniques designed to decrease tension on the wound closure, examples include steri-strips, silicone scar sheeting and compressive support garments.

Massage of scars with a variety of topical agents has been shown to be helpful, as well. It's also important to avoid sun exposure and tanning. When adverse scarring occurs despite these maneuvers, scar revision is occasionally necessary.

If you're concerned about scarring after thigh lift surgery, you should discuss these issues with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses scarring in the post-operative period.

Recovery after a thigh lift

Allow all of your skin to settle and allow the swelling to resolve before making an assumptions about your results.  Be patient, as this may take 6-8 months and then you can discuss revisions with your plastic surgeon.

One week after thigh lift

It is difficult for me to comment without seeing your results, but at one week it is very early and I would give it some time to heal.