Thigh Lift Including the Inner, Outer and Posterior?

I am booked to have a Thigh lift. My doctor thought the inner and outer would be fine, but I would like a full Thigh lift. He says it won't be as effective as the inner and outer and most patients are happy with just that, but I want the posterior done as well, is it worth it or not? Surely it will make the back of my legs look better? He is quite happy to do this, but I feel he is a bit hesitant about it, as it doesn't tighten as well as the front legs

Staged Massive Weight Loss Surgery

It's not unusual for patients to develop loose, saggy skin following massive weight loss. This can effect almost any area of the body. For this reason, it's not uncommon for patients to require multiple procedures to correct these anatomic deformities.

Although your history is helpful, it's hard to make a specific recommendation without pictures or a physical examination. Based on what we know, you have significant skin sag that involves your medial thighs. In addition, there appears to be sag of the buttocks and lateral thighs to a lesser degree.

Under these circumstances, performing a lower body lift as an initial maneuver would offer significant advantages. This procedure would remove lower back skin while simultaneously lifting the buttocks, lateral thighs and posterior thighs in an upward direction. This procedure would significantly improve the contour of the lateral and posterior thighs, but would only have minimal impact upon the medial thighs.

For this reason, a medial thigh lift would be necessary as a secondary procedure. This operation could be performed three to six months after the original procedure. This procedure removes excess skin in both the transverse and vertical dimensions. The operation utilizes an incision along the groin crease which is extended downward along the inner thigh towards the knee. It's associated with excellent clinical results and high levels of patient satisfaction.

If you're considering thigh lift surgery, it's important to discuss these issues with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your concerns.

Thigh lifts

A thigh lift is often staged. Usually the lateral thigh is elevated first and then a medial thigh lift is done at a later time.