Thigh Lift and Skin Pulling? (photo)

I had a thigh lift with incisions in the gluteal crease. When I bend my leg the skin looks like it is being pulled. Will this even out on its own or can something be done to correct it so that the skin lies smoothly.

Tightness Following Thigh Lift Surgery

It's not unusual for patients to experience tightness and pulling of their wound closures following massive weight loss surgery. It's important to realize that wound healing is a dynamic process which goes on for at least a year following surgery. During this time, wounds can be expected to soften and relax. When this happens, the pulling sensation that you describe should gradually disappear.

During this time, you should maintain close contact with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to answer all your questions and alleviate your anxiety.

Will Thigh Lift Scarring Even Out?

Most of the time the scarring does improve markely over the first year and the feeling of tightness does as well.  From what I can see in the picture the scar looks well placed.  It is important to understand that in all arm lifts and thigh lifts, there is a balance between taking too much skin and the closure being tight or opening later and taking too little and leaving you with loose skin. 

Thigh lift scar pulling

Over time as things soften, the scar will most likely fade and the tension on flexing your leg will diminish.  Good luck.