Is Thermitight used on the face permanent?

Long Lasting, But Not Permanent

Although ThermiTight can provide long-lasting results, the treatment is not permanent. The results of ThermiTight should last 2-4 years or more. However, the aging process will still continue as long as you continue to live so additional treatments every few years may be necessary in order to continue to refresh your appearance.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiTight. What We Know, What We Don't Know.

We know that ThermiTight reliably tightens skin over the first 6-12 months up to a point which makes a lot of people happy. 

94% of RealSelf users self report that ThermiTight is worth it. 

It it likely effects a permanent tightening of the dermal collagen, but no one knows exactly because we do not have 5 or 10 or 15 years of data yet.  The technology is fairly new.  

We do know that aging continues no matter what, so in that context, nothing is permanent. We can say ThermiTight effects are long lasting, but how long, time will tell. 

Thermitight

Based on the studies to date, we know that the results of ThermiTight last at least two years.  We say 2 years because that is the longest follow-up available as of now, hopefully a year from now we will be able to say it lasts at least 3 years

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight can induce long term tightening

the improvement seen after ThermiTight with facial lifting and tightening can be seen six months to a s may maintain themselves fro more than 2 years or more after the procedure.  The results put you ahead of the aging curve and I recommend those that are in need of a quick fix get surgery if it meets with their expectations.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

How long will #thermiTight last?

How long will #thermiTight last?
As in most cosmetic procedures including facelifts, there will be great variability depending upon genetics, age, environmental considerations.
Results to date seem to give lasting improvement for months to years but we always continue to age even thought the clock was reset

Is ThermiTight on the Face Permanent - No (it will likely last several years), but Aging Is!!

In a word - no, but not much of anything is except aging!

Aging is accompanied by steady, long-term, progressive changes in the skin and subcutaneous tissues, the fatty tissues, the connective tissues and other areas.  Collagen uncoils almost like a tangled ball of twine, the firmness and tightening of youth is reversed and many other changes occur. New collagen formation is decreased. Skin becomes lax.

Research suggests ThermiTight can tighten the collagen in connective tissue and stimulate new collagen formation.  Results generally begin to show in about a month, but sometimes can occur sooner.

Early ThermiTight patients who are now out more than two years still show improvement and would be expected to benefit for several more years; however, aging will progress.

Look for results in most cases from two to five years depending on overall health, sun exposure, tobacco use, weight gain or loss and other health factors.

Brian M. Kinney, MD, FACS

ThermiTight - Time marches on

ThermiTight can improve soft, sagging skin in the neck, arms, tummy - just about anywhere on your body. The changes are long lasting (years) but don't stop the clock. As with everything, time marches on. I often tell my patients, time and gravity stop for no one. The longest results I have seen are about 2 1/2 years after the procedure. They are much better than the before problems but not as good as they were at one year. Just like a facelift, you can't stop the aging process. ThermiTight does, however, achieve a nice refresh and tightening of your skin with a minimally invasive procedure that is much easier to go through than a bigger procedure like a neck lift or facelift.

I hope this helps!

Adam Rubinstein, MD

Is Thermitight on the face permanent

The changes that occur with the college tightening and remodeling our permanent. The improvements will be seen usually through 18 months post procedure. Eventually normal aging and gravity will lessen the degree of tightening. 

Brian P. Tierney, MD

How Long Does ThermiTight Last ?

This is a hard question to answer as there hasn't been a study to my knowledge that only treats half of the face to see if there are permanent improvements. In either case the biological aging clock keeps ticking so that regular maintenance ever few years may be indicated to give you your best results. I like the analogy of getting your hair cut or your nails done, after a while it is time to refresh/renew your image once again.

Is Thermitight permanent?

No procedure should ever be considered "permanent." Rather, what can be said is that thermitight produces tightening to the skin and underlying support layers in the lower face and neck. This produces a rejuvenated appearance in most patients that can prolong the need for a more involved surgical procedure.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon