Will thermage fix my lower tummy or will I need a mini tummy tuck? (photo)

I've had one child, and my lower stomach skin is loose n when I bend forward it wrinkles.

Thermage and skin tightening for abdomen

Thermage is an excellent skin tightening laser.  It works extremely well for all areas from the face to the abdomen.  Thermage will not replace an abdominoplasty when you have a lot of extra skin.  However, if you do not want to have surgery and you are anticipating having more children I would definitely consider Thermage.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Thermage for the best cosmetic results.

Thermage CPT Total Tip on Abdomen

I get excellent results from Thermage Abdomen in my office. Generally, I assess patients standing; however I do believe that you would benefit from Thermage CPT with Total Tip on your abdomen. You will see some immediate improvement and it will continue to improve for up to 6 months after treatment. After 6 months I re-assess the patient to see if additional improvement is needed, if it is then they can repeat their Thermage Abdomen treatment. Many of my patients prefer not to undergo surgery and I believe that Thermage is the next best treatment to surgery however it does not give surgical results. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see which option is best for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage for the tummy

Thermage radio frequency delivers heat deeply into the skin to tighten existing collagen and stimulate the production of new collagen.  The pattern of pulse placement helps with lifting of the skin and it can take 3 to 6 months to see the benefit.  Some patients have a significant improvement of loose, wrinkly skin, but it does not take the place of a tummy tuck.  Thermage can be performed first and if there is not enough improvement, surgery can follow.  Thermage should be performed by an experienced technician to achieve the best result.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist