Is There Any Way to ''Sand Down'' the Scar Tissue So It Regenerates with a Soft Skin? (photo)

Hello, I have a surgical scar on my right cheek since 3 years old due to a birthmark removal by surgery. At the sides of the scar, the tissue is a thick mass and it's firm at touch; I think it's scar tissue. The problem is that it's noticeable at light, the scar tissues form a small bump. Is there some cream or acid product that can penetrate the skin and ''melt down'' the tissue so it regenerate softer ?

Doctor Answers 1

Consider a scar revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


If the scar is that old it is way beyond creams. The abnormal firm tissue might very well benefit by removal. You need to seek evaluation by an experienced surgeon to have your options presented to you.




Best Regards,


John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.