is there anything that can be done that will restore features of my old nose? My nose is too small for my face now. (photos)

I am almost 8 months post op and have never been so unhappy in my life. Going into surgery my surgeon and I discussed subtle changes. I don't look anything like the simulation and no longer look like myself. My nose is wide mid way down and my nostrils are flared now. My bridge is slightly concave by a few mm. My upper lip looks really funny now as in big. I believe my dr took too much out of my tip as I don't have much of a tip left. It's short and almost pinched. Is it possible to fix this?

Doctor Answers 3

Revision rhinoplasty for the overdone nose.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Revision rhinoplasty for the overdone nose is possible. Cartilage and  "soft tissue " can be added to the nose. I like septal cartilage as my first choice and then ear with or without the skin is my second choice. 

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Aggressive Rhinoplasty Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I agree with your evaluation of your rhinoplasty result; I prefer a stronger more defined nose. An experienced revision surgeon will be able to restore thee integrity of your nose with cartilage grafts, probably taken from your ear.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Revisional surgery after rhinoplasty is difficult.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The short answer to your question is yes, specific corrections can be made. In your particular case eight months would be too early to proceed. First of all you're still going through psychological adjustment. Second, the nose needs to totally heal before revisional surgery is embarked upon.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.