Is There Any Kind of Financial Assistance Besides Bank Loans and or Care Credit out There for Mommy Makeovers?

I have had several consultations over the years and been online viewing other "lucky" peoples results and cannot help but keep wondering how I can ever afford to complete what I have wished for since I had my last child. I just keep getting older and still have no idea how to afford these amazing procedures. I have had second jobs, been able to save, and it never fails something always seems to come up that we "need the money for" instead. I am at a loss and loosing my determination.

Financing for Plastic Surgery

Besides CareCredit, there are several other companies that can finance.  In house financing available at the surgeon's office may be helpful.  If you cannot afford all of the procedures, do the one that you want the most.

Finacing Options

For many patients, cosmetic surgery wouldn’t be possible without some type of financing.  For this reason, the vast majority of plastic surgeons offer some type of financing program.  With the availability of this type of program, plastic surgeons don’t typically take installment payments.  They usually require full payment before surgery is performed.

In our practice, we utilize both Care Credit and Prosper financing.  These are currently some of the more commonly used sources of plastic surgery financing in the United States.  In some cases you may be able to get a twelve month interest free loan. 

Financing isn’t for everyone, make sure you understand the fine print in your contract.  Don’t take on more than you can handle.  At some point, you will have to re-pay the loan.  It’s important to have all your financing questions answered before proceeding with cosmetic surgery.  In our office, we have financial consultants who can help with this very important issue.

About the Mommy Makeover and Costs

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  However, many payments plans exist for cosmetic procedures. Ask your surgeon's office about finance programs and lenders they may recommend as well as personal loans available through financial institutions.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Financing options

There are financing options offered by surgeons. The financing company pays off your surgery for you, and then you make monthly payments to the financing company. These payments can be just a couple hundred a month. My patients and I haven't had any problems dealing with the financing companies we've dealt with (Crelogix, Credit Medical). 

Ronald Levine, MD

Paying for Your Mommy Makeover

There are many financing companies (Care Credit is one of them) who can help finance a mommy makeover.  Also, some surgeons have in house financing.  

I would suggest that you first find the surgeon with whom you are comfortable with and then ask the office staff what options you have for financing.

Financial Assistance

Dont lose your determination, sometimes the most worthwhile endeavors are the hardest to achieve.  There are multiple instutions that offer financing other than Care Credit like Glamour and Enhance.  But i dont think that is the answer you are looking for.  Some Plastic Surgeons may offer in house financing or payment plans.  Another option is to rank order what areas you would like to correct then get done what bothers you the most.  Good luck and dont give up.