Recently had TT Revision to Lower Scarline and Remove Dog Ears, the scarline is higher, are these final results? (photo)

had surgery 1.5 years ago that left me with "Dog Ears" and slightly higher scar ends on both sides. I recently had surgery to remove the dog ears and to lower the scar on each side. It's only been a week, but it's evident that my scars are now higher on both sides. Am I stuck with this for the rest of my life? I already know that if there's anything to be done I'll have to wait 6-9 months but I don't want to spend the next year hoping for something that will never happen. I'd like some truthful answers.

Tummy tuck revision

Thank you for your pictures. It appears that your scar is higher than your current undergarment. The scarf position appears to be permanent.  The only way to lower the scar would to have excess skin or create excess skin tissue expander's. An easier solution would be to wear higher position undergarments. 

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Tummy Tuck: revision surgery for scars and final result

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen . It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.
These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard , Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace. On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

Scar cannt be lowered logically

The scar you have cannot be lowered unless you are willing to accept much longer scars..........(not worth it).  Tissue expanders etc are long and involved and costly and probable would not work well anyway.   Work using  scar guards and silicone sheeting to minimize the present scar and find clothes that look great and hide the scar at the same time.   I take a fairly dim view regarding more surgery.  My Best,  Dr C

Recently had TT Revision to Lower Scarline and Remove Dog Ears, the scarline is higher, are these final results?

The obvious response is YES, but you should have been explained pre operative in BOTH surgeries this risk of higher riding scar placement??? 

Scar after tummy tuck

Although it seems as though you are early in the postoperative period, essentially where you scars are now are where they are going to be.  It is impossible for anyone except your surgeon to discuss the position of the scars with you since he/she was the only one there.  It is difficult in some patients with little residual skin laxity to lower TT scars.  I would suggest returning to see your surgeon for a followup and discussion as to the scar position.  Certainly, protecting the scars from sun, scar massage, taping, silicone based creams, and laser treatments may help to make the scar less perceptable.

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after tummy tuck revisionary surgery. If I understand your question correctly, you are wondering if the scars can be lowered in the future. You will find that online consultants will not be able to address this question accurately enough to be truly helpful. As you mentioned, many months ( and even one year) from now you will be the time to evaluate tissue pliability around the tummy tuck scar line. In some cases, there will be enough tissue pliability to allow for lowering the scar line. Best to address your concerns in a calm constructive fashion with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.