Hello, I'm 21 years old and I have keloids on my left shoulder blade in almost the size of a dime. I would like to know what is a good silicon sheets i can buy to reduce the size, i already my a gel that i used called Scarprin. I did help make the bigger one smaller than it used to be but i can only put it on when i get home from school which is usually around 4. The days i work i don't get home till 8 or 9 and i sleep at 11 so i have to wait for the gel to dry which takes about and hour or two.
Are There Any Good Silicon Sheet to Reduce Keloids and Make Them Less Noticeable? (photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Keloids on the back
Silicone sheets may have limited utility for these keloid scars. I would begin with a combination of IIT, lasers, and pressure therapy. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles
Thank you for your question about your keloids.
- You actually have hypertrophic scars.
- These are common anywhere that skin is thick.
- Treatment is the same - but more successful - than for keloids.
- You can buy silicone sheets on-line. Choose a site based in the USA.
- Persistent hypertrophic scars also need steroid (triamcinolone) injections, done by plastic surgeons, dermatologists and primary care doctors. Hope this helps. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.