Are There Any Doctors in Florida That Can Do Abs Etching After Liposuction?

Are There Any Doctors in Florida That Can Do Abs Etching After Liposuction?

Doctor Answers 3

Abdominal etching with Liposuction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Etching or scoring the skin to create subcutaneous scarring can be performed during liposuction.  This can create a "six-pack" look.  There is a danger of skin death and excessive scarring from this maneuver, so few surgeons perform this procedure.  To find a plastic surgeon who performs this will require some research on the internet and phone calls to the offices to ask if this procedure is offered.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 81 reviews

Abs Etching after liposuction?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Abdominal Etching is a very artistic procedure, it involves not only remove the fat but sculpts volumetrically certain areas to enhance natural borders and depression to accentuate the underlying muscular anatomy. Depending on the type of liposuction that you got in the past this procedure becomes more difficult because of the scar tissues, making the extraction of fat more difficult. I would recommend spending a lot of time in finding the right fit for you. 

Best, Dr. RG

Vaser hi def lipo 4d

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question.

Vaser assisted liposuction utilizes ultrasound to emulsify or melt felt prior to removal. It is also used to etch or define the muscles and normal anatomy to enhance the results. I use a specialized technique to remove the deeper fat areas and sculpt the superficial fat, so that one can achieve the goal of having not only a flatter stomach but also a more defined and curvaceous body if wanted. I can use this technique on the arms as well.

I also use the fat removed to graft into the pecs for men or breasts for women as well as into the arms and other areas to further enhance muscle definition.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery and high definition body contouring.


Best of luck!


Dr. Schwartz

Board Certified Plastic Surgeon



These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.