Is There Any Doctors That Can Do a Full Body Lift All at One Time?

Im willing to fly to anywhere in th US to have a full body lift done at one time....I understand it would take a team of surgeons to reduce operation time.

Combined Procedures and Body Lift

Combining procedures requires that your  surgeon, assistants, and his OR team have experience doing these cases. Most doctors who do have a dedicated interest in the care of weight loss patients.

I will routinely combine a lower body lift (tummy, buttock, hips, and pubic lift) with a breast lift and/or arm lift.

I usually avoid working on the inner thighs at the same time because I feel it hinders my patients mobility and makes wearing the garment more difficult.

See  surgeons experienced in this area, and seek several opinions to best aid you in your decision.  

Body Lift

If by full body lift, you are referring to a circumferential body lift, then yes, most board certified plastic surgeons are well-versed to perform this procedure.  Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation).  Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.

Total Body Lift at One Setting

If you mean performing a "body lift" that includes the abdomen, buttocks, and outer thighs, there many plastic surgeons who will perform this surgery in one setting in most situations.  However,if you are adding on the breasts, arms, back, and inner thighs on top of the other procedures, then there will far fewer surgeons willing to perform this amount of surgery in a single session.  The issue is really safety which is the most important thing in any surgery but especially in elective surgery.  The risks of excessive blood loss, blood clots, and post-operative complications increases dramatically and most surgeons do not accept the risk/benefit ratio.

Another important question for you to also consider is the idea of having your surgery in a site quite a distance away from your home.  Unless you are planning to send many weeks at the place where your surgery is being performed, you may want to consider staying closer to home where you can be closely followed and any problems addressed very quickly by the surgeon that knows the procedures best since they performed them.  Not all surgeons are willing to take on someone else's complications given the medical-legal climate of the United States.

Before you leap, please meet with a number of board-certified plastic surgeons who are experienced in managing post-massive weight loss patients to discuss your concerns and learn more of the risks and benefits of the procedures you are interested in.  Best of luck and be safe!

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

The question is not if a "full body lift" could or would be done in one operative setting, but if it can safely be done?   Surgery of multiple areas has higher blood loss and risks. Therefore you should see in person a few boarded surgeons to discuss this issue. Remember safety first. 

You can find many qualified plastic surgeons doing body lift in one stage

The meaning of the body lift is different from surgeon to surgeon. The most accepted definition is combination of tummy tuck and buttock lift.This can be done in one stage and in less than 6 hours(may be longer in complicated cases ). Arm lift,breast lift and thigh lift are other procedures that can be done at the same time but not advised.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

It depends on your definition of full body lift.

If you are referring to a body lift that includes the lower body only(abdomen, buttock and outer thighs), there are lots of plastic surgeons who do this procedure.

However, if you are referring to a body lift that not involves the lower body lift but also, breast, arms, inner thighs, upper back, etc., you are definitely looking at a much smaller group of plastic surgeons.  These folks do tend to operate in teams, tend to work in major academic medical centers, and are typically quite expensive.

Dr. Al Aly in Irvine, CA and Dr. Peter Rubin in Pittsburgh, PA are two individuals who quickly come to mind.

As always, I recommend you carefully consider all of your options before proceeding and do you homework on your surgeon before committing.  There are many physicians who would like you to believe that they have trained in plastic surgery when their core medical training was in fact in another specialty.