There is Bruising Under my Breast I'm Worried It Might Be a Hematoma?

Hi im 3 weeks post breast reduction and im recovering well with no set backs. However ive been getting brusing. It doesnt hurt and it's purple. I literally feel no pain if I press it gentley. It right under my left breast. It's not huge and is small with other ones in the same area even smaller. I'm so worried about it , I haven't eaten anything bad or taken aspirin. Ive been careful I just need to know what it is.

Bruising under breast after a reduction

This is most likely blood that has drifted downward due to gravity.  It is not dangerous  or a problem and will resolve over the next few weeks.  

Bruising under breast after a reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Bleeding after breast reduction surgery

A small bleed (whether a bruise or a haematoma) is quite common after breast reduction surgery. If it is small and painfree, do not worry about it - it will get absorbed leaving no long-lasting effect. If you are in pain or not sure, please see your surgeon for reassurance.

Anindya Lahiri, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding after breast reduction surgery

Anindya Lahiri, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma or just bruising

Sometimes patients over exert themselves during the early post-op period. It is quite possible that you did this as well. Best to be seen by your surgeon to be safe.

Hematoma or just bruising

Hematoma is unlikely

At 3 weeks it is very unlikely it is a hematoma if the breast size is not changing. As you get further away from the surgery your discomfort starts to subside. As a result your activity will pick up. You may have done something that you don't consider excessive but more than your body is used to. Perhaps this is the case. I would have your plastic surgeon take a look at it. Best of Luck!

Hematoma is unlikely