Can the Threads Be Re-lifted on a Silouette Lift? (photo)

i had a silhouette lift done recently and wandered if if it could be re-lifted once the affect diminishes

Can Silhouette Lift sutures be re-lifted

Thank you for your question.  It maybe difficult to re-lift your existing sutures, however, additional ones can be placed to help support and reinforce the lifting appearance you are looking for.  I would make sure you go to an experienced provider who can help evaluate you and determine if this is a reasonable option.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A relift after a Sihouettle lift is what its all about! until you opt for a facelift.

Sunfield 57, your silhouette instalift can be re-lifted when the effect diminishes.  Usually another one or several Silhouette Instalift sutures can be strategically placed to re-contour and re-lift the skin and subcutaneous tissues. The already placed sutures provide a natural looking instant but temporary lift and are programmed to  be safely absorbed over one to two years,  so they are not reusable and leave no foreign body accumulation.  What does instead occur is stimulated  production of collagen  that has a healthy longer lasting benefit.

Obviously there are many alternatives and supplements to the Silhouette Instalift. By consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon you will obtain a better perspective on all your options.

Can the Threads Be Re-lifted on a Silouette Lift?

Dear Sunfield,

Thank you for your question.   Yes, a silouette or thread lift can be re-done.  However, consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon and seeing what all your options are and the longevity of these options may be a better option.

Best Wishes,

PAblo Prichard, MD

Dear Sunfield,

Best Wishes,

PAblo Prichard, MD

Can silhouette lift be re-lifted?

It is possible to re-lift a silhouette thread lift, but I believe you have better options that would be longer lasting.  I consider thread lifts a fad that really did not give great results.  There are a variety of surgical and non-surgical treatments that might be more effective and with longer lasting results.  I would consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon and see what better options you might have.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can silhouette lift be re-lifted?

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Better Alternatives to Silouette or Thread lifts up

Yes, up although additional threads can be placed I do not recommend this.  The reason is you will continue to have short lived results at the cost of additional permanent foreign bodies placed in your face.  You have many alternatives to this approach without having to undergo a traditional facelift.  Some of the trust issue may wish to consider include a MACS lift, LiteLift, Quick Lift and other  modified or mini facelifts.  Always choose a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon for the best results.

Re-lifting a Silhouette lift

Yes you can re-lift the threads from a Silhouette lift.  I have done many such "thread" lifts and have lost confidence in them.  They were a fad 5-10 years ago.  Most results are short lived and have some associated issues with them.  I abandoned them years ago. That being said an incision in the scalp where the threads were anchored can be pulled and re-tightened again.  I like to tell patients that with "mini" lifts, you  get "mini" results.  There is no substitute for a good facelift.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Re-lifting a Silhouette lift

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Facelifts using artificial threads are lousy operations.

If you received any significant benefit from your thread assisted facelift, consider yourself fortunate. The results will be short-lived and I doubt they can be re-tightened.

Of course you can try. But doubt it will last more than a month! Did yuo see the Silhouette/Thread Lift has ONLY a 30% satisfaction rating here on REALSELF!!!