Can the Threads Be Re-lifted on a Silouette Lift? (photo)

i had a silhouette lift done recently and wandered if if it could be re-lifted once the affect diminishes

Can the Threads Be Re-lifted on a Silouette Lift?

Dear Sunfield,

Thank you for your question.   Yes, a silouette or thread lift can be re-done.  However, consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon and seeing what all your options are and the longevity of these options may be a better option.

Best Wishes,

PAblo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Can silhouette lift be re-lifted?

It is possible to re-lift a silhouette thread lift, but I believe you have better options that would be longer lasting.  I consider thread lifts a fad that really did not give great results.  There are a variety of surgical and non-surgical treatments that might be more effective and with longer lasting results.  I would consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon and see what better options you might have.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Better Alternatives to Silouette or Thread lifts up

Yes, up although additional threads can be placed I do not recommend this.  The reason is you will continue to have short lived results at the cost of additional permanent foreign bodies placed in your face.  You have many alternatives to this approach without having to undergo a traditional facelift.  Some of the trust issue may wish to consider include a MACS lift, LiteLift, Quick Lift and other  modified or mini facelifts.  Always choose a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon for the best results.

Re-lifting a Silhouette lift

Yes you can re-lift the threads from a Silhouette lift.  I have done many such "thread" lifts and have lost confidence in them.  They were a fad 5-10 years ago.  Most results are short lived and have some associated issues with them.  I abandoned them years ago. That being said an incision in the scalp where the threads were anchored can be pulled and re-tightened again.  I like to tell patients that with "mini" lifts, you  get "mini" results.  There is no substitute for a good facelift.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Facelifts using artificial threads are lousy operations.

If you received any significant benefit from your thread assisted facelift, consider yourself fortunate. The results will be short-lived and I doubt they can be re-tightened.

Of course you can try. But doubt it will last more than a month! Did yuo see the Silhouette/Thread Lift has ONLY a 30% satisfaction rating here on REALSELF!!!