Can a Non-Srugical Nose Job Be Used to Hide a Large Dorsal Hump?

I hate my nose but don't like the idea of undergoing surgery. I've been looking into the 'non surgical nose job' but would like to know more about the risks involved. In essence i just want to get rid of the 'hump' in the middle of my nose and am convinced that injecting the filler into the top part of my nose would hide this. I'm not bothered by the size of my nose so would not be concerned about adding to it, i just want to disguise the hump. Am i a good candidate for this procedure?

Non-Surgical Alternatives to Nose Job

The determining factors between non-surgical and surgical nose jobs are typically how dramatic the patient want the changes to be and how long-term the results to last. If you are describing your dorsal hump as “large,” as you have in your post, an actual rhinoplasty surgery would provide you with more dramatic and permanent results. Still, if you are unsure about getting a nose job for any reason and want to consider other, less-invasive options first, then non-surgical fillers may be a good solution for you. Filler can be used to disguise a hump, but keep in mind only a surgical rhinoplasty can reduce the size of your nose. I recommend visiting a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon for a consultation.

Hiding a bump on the nose

Dear Zoe123,

If it is a small enough hump, then an injectible filler would be a great option.

I would visit a couple of plastic surgeons who specialize in rhinoplasty and go with the one you feel most comfortable with.

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Non Surgical Nose Job

1. No one can and should be answering this question without seeing at least 3 standard views of your nose.  

2. The shape of your nose can be improved with injectable fillers, provided that your facial and nasal proportions are such that will allow that kind of treatment. 

3. If that is the case, Radiesse would be my first choice of filler due to its qualities and reasonable duration of the results after the treatment.

4. Do yourself a big favor and do not let anyone inject you with liquid silicone, not only your nose but anywhere else in your body!  I've seen and treated cases with severe deformities and unspecific inflammatory flares years after treatment with liquid silicone. 

5. Certain states are actually passing the legislation forbidding the use of liquid silicone and this is well justified. 

David Evdokimow, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Non - Surgical Nose Job

Hi,
Difficult to say if you are a good candidate without seeing your nose. However, if you have a big nose and want to make it smaller, I don't see how an injectable filler will help. Send or post some pics.
Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Correcting Nose "Hump" with Filler

While it is difficult to answer this question without viewing your nose (in person or in pictures), it sounds like the "hump" that is bothering you can be nicely blended out with injectable fillers (non-surgical rhinoplasty).  In our practice we use liquid injectable silicone as it is very precise and permanent, avoiding the need for numerous repeat treatments. Side effects usually include and are limited to bruising and very mild swelling. Click on the link below to view before and after photo of nasal imperfections corrected with silicone.