What Can I Do if the Surgery Wasn't Successful (in my Opinion)?

I'd asked the question about improvement after liposuction 2 weeks ago,most Doctors told me that although my Doc did a good job but he was very conservative about the amount he took out. I'm now getting frustrated,it's been a month and although there's some changes but it is far from what I spent $7000AUD for,750ml on a 170cm,70kg really isn't much at all and I could definitely tell now that my Doc was overly conservative,what can I do about this situation?My thighs are different sizes,too!

I agree with others, talk to your surgeon about your concerns.

It is difficult to tell from the photos, but I think I can see some reasonable improvement.  If you are concerned, talk to your doctor.  Sometimes a secondary procedure is necessary to reach an optimum result.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Unhappy with outcome from liposuction 1 month postoperatively

You are still early in the healing process and there is still a fair amount of inflammation and swelling present - so you need to give this some time - like several months. Still, you should share your concerns with your surgeon who then can give you his/her point of view. Ultimately, if you are still unsatisfied with the result after a specified and agreed period of time, you can aim to amicably reach some sort of reasonable solution to this.

Unhappy with liposuction results

If you are unhappy with your surgical results, I would recommend talking to your surgeon about your concerns - however frustrating it is or however many times you have to communicate it.  He or she probably has a revision policy and you can discuss how to better achieve your expectations.  It sounds like you may have already sought out second opinions, which is a good idea in certain situations, but I would recommend discussing this with your original surgeon at this point in the postoperative course.  At only 2 weeks postoperatively, there is still a lot of swelling and healing that must occur before you see the final results (and before I would consider a revision surgery).   Also, you put your trust in your surgeon  to do what he or she thought appropriate at the time of the procedure (hopefully you researched his/her qualifications), and a conservative result is not a bad result - the alternative aggressive result can often have more complications. 

Unhappy with liposuction results

LIPOSUCTION RESULTS

I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  I am sure you will be able to reach a reasonable solution.   

LIPOSUCTION RESULTS