Is the rippling in my breasts caused by exercise? Are my breasts saggy or the correct shape for tear drop implants? (photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Factors that are associated with increased rippling include:
- Traditional Saline implants (IDEAL® Saline implants less likely)
- Textured implants
- Large implants
- Thin patients with low BMI
- Implants placed above the muscle
- Prior history of rippling
- Heavier and larger breasted women
- Using a highly cohesive form-stabile silicone implants (gummy bear)
- Smooth implants
- Smaller implants
- Submuscular placement
All implants ripple. It is a question if you can see and feel the ripples .
Ask your surgeon about fat grafting over the soft tissue where you see and feel the ripples. Make sure your surgeon has experience with fat grafting because if it is not done well the fat will not survive and there will not be any benefit. If done correctly there should be a 60-80 % take of the fat and it should last indefinitely.