What is the best way to restore skin to upper eyelid after botched upper bleph surgery.

Doctor Answers 4

Botched upper blepharoplasties

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
can be repaired with skin grafts, usually using skin from your other eyelid if there is excess present or the lower lids.  The amount of ideal skin for grafting is limited.  Best to see a local plastic/oculoplastic surgeon for further advice and recommendations.

Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

There is no easy way to restore upper eyelid skin after a surgery if too much skin was removed.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A picture would be helpful here.  If you truly had too much skin removed, the only solution would be a skin graft.  Unfortunately these never look great cosmetically.  You should see an oculoplastic surgeon in your area to see if they can help. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

Help yourself by attaching a photograph.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Otherwise, our answers need to be so vague that they are probably not very helpful.

Generally, it is not really possible to restore an upper eyelid fold that had been completely removed by the eyelid surgeon.  If that is your situation, the game is basically over.  If the fold is still there but you have some other issue, it is possible there is help.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Upper lid correction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would suggest you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that performs upper blepharoplasties regularly. Or an Opthalmologist that specializes in plastic surgery procedures. You may need a skin graft, scar revision. Unable to say any treatment that is definitive without you having an examination 

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.