What Are the Most Popular Male Breast Reduction Methods That Don't Involve Surgery?

Male Breast Reduction without Surgery

If a man is overweight, sometimes excess weight can accumulate in the chest. However, many men who are not significantly overweight can develop breast tissue and fat in the breast area. Thisis true gynecomastia that can only be treated with surgery.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Male Breast Reduction without Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Your options

I know of no FDA approved non surgical/non invasive treatment for gynecomastia. If you are seeking non surgical options for mild gynecomastia, I think that Vanquish which uses RF energy, or UltraShape that uses ultrasound rather than Cool Sculpt would be the best option though all are off FDA usage. Surgery is the best option for the vast majority of patients with gynecomastia.
#gynecomastia
#malebreastreduction

Your options

#gynecomastia
#malebreastreduction

Hello! Thank you for your question! Unfortunately, there truly is nothing that can be done to reshape, augment, reduce, or improve appearance of your breasts/chest "naturally".  Weight loss does help, but you may still need surgical intervention to meet your goals. Options for this would be for gynecomastia reduction with excision of tissue or liposuction to the area. 

I would consult with a plastic surgeon to discuss the various options and for evaluation. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Nonsurgical Treatments for Chest Reduction

Hi,

If there is glandular excess that is causing the breast to be larger, then the answer is quite straightforward...only surgery will be effective in predictably reducing the size of the breast. If the issue is that the chest has fatty excess, then exercise and weight loss will help. I recommend evaluation with a plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery to determine what the nature of your excess tissue is.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Hi,

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Diet and exercise

Diet and exercise may work if there is excess fatty tissue. All other nonsurgical methods are not FDA approved. These include pills, creams and other "natural methods".

Diet and exercise

There are no known effective "non-surgical" treatments for gynecomastia.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for sound advice.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Can not correct male gynecomastia without surgery

The condition that you are describing is a classic typcial  gynecomastia.  It usually presents as a young adolescent male, possibly a little over weight.  As you mature in to your late teens early 20's and the weight comes down the breasts stay the same.  There is no non-surgical method to correct this problem.  Liposuction is occasionally helpful but if there is any breast tissue under the areola a subcutaneous mastecomy is required.  A full examination is needed to give you more information as to which treatment will be effective.  It does no good to try to liposuction breast tissue as it will not aspirate.

Male breast reduction without surgery.

Optimal exercise and good nutrition are the first line to achieve the best physique.  Residual fat in the chest creating a displeasing contour must be lipo suctioned.  If the enlargement is glandular, an open surgical procedure is performed.  These procedures are fairly noninvasive in ideal candidates.  See a plastic surgeon to discover what group you are in.

Male breast reduction without surgery.

Non-surgical treament for gynecomastia

Removal of the cause of the gynecomastia:  Weight loss is the patient is obese, stopping any medications that can cause gynecomastia (cannubis, cimetidine, hormones, etc) and maybe patiently waiting if the patient is a normal weight adolescent as he may outgrow it.    Other than those, the treatment is surgical. 

Non-surgical treament for gynecomastia

Is there a non-surgical technique for gynecomastia?

Unless you have pseudo-gynecomastia (fat only), the only way to remove breast tissue in the male breast is by surgery. If it is only fat, then diet and exercise may reduce the breast. Be wary of any products that claim they can get rid of gynecomastia, they can't. Some men that do not want to have surgery use compression type vests, which can be found on line.Good luck!