What are the metrics used for Zeltiq's before and after?

The physician I went to just had his assistant take pictures. The Dr. actually touched my abdomen with his hands and pinched to skin to determine what size handle/paddle and if there was a decent amount of adipose.

CoolSculpting Standards

Standardized photographs are the metrics used for CoolSculpting’s before and after. Sometimes weight and a variety of measurements are also used. But I find weight unreliable because CoolSculpting is a body sculpting method, not a weight loss tool. The pinching of the skin is also standard and used to determine the areas to be gripped by the CoolSculpting applicators.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Metrics for before and after coolsculpting

The photographs and your weight are the best gauges to evaluate before and after treatments. The pinching process is to ensure sufficiency of pinchable fat and to ensure that the applicator being considered is appropriate for you and to guage the points to be marked.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting results

We typically weigh you and take standardized photographs to track your results with CoolSculpting.  I hope this helps. We pinch areas to make sure the tissue can fit the appropriate applicators which will determine how many treatment areas can be done.

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Cool sculpting

Photos and the weight of the patient at the time of photos.  It is not difficult to see the changes created by Cool Sculpting.

Zeltiq Before and After

When evaluating a patient for Zeltiq we often pinch the skin and decide which applicator to use.  There are three sizes applicators that are used for the abdomen and based on the size of the applicator the procedure is performed.  Before and after photos are taken to compare the results to evaluate treatment.