How long will i be out of work with a tt and bbl?

Time out?

With Brazilian buttock lift and tummy tuck you might be out at least 2 weeks, but I prefer patients take a whole month off from work. This will allow you to recover better and with less pressure to return to work before you're ready. Hope this helps - Dr. Aldo.

Time off of Work?

After a #tummytuck #surgery, #swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

I suggest waiting 6 weeks before returning to full activity without restrictions.

Ask your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon what they recommend.

Time off Work for Tummy Tuck and BBL

Each surgeon has his or her own guidelines for postoperative care. Patients generally can return to light activity 7 to 10 post surgery. More strenuous activity can generally begin 2 to 6 months post surgery. Consult with your surgeon as he or she understands the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Buttlift Recovery

Tummy tuck and Brazilian buttlift recovery and return to sedentary work may take 1 to 2 weeks.  Return to more strenuous activity may require 6 weeks.

Most patients who do non-exertional work can be back by about 10 days. Heavy laborers will need about 6 weeks as a general rule. There is considerable patient to patient variability. 

Thanks, best wishes. 

Recovery

I tell my patients to expect 70% of the recovery process to be complete by the end of the first week and the rest by the end of the second week.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Time off from work for TT and BBL?

I typically tell my patients that they can return regular daily activities or work at 10-14 days, you will feel fatigued for approximately 6 weeks.  Of course all of this depends on the type of work that ones performs . Good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

How long after a TT and the BBL can I return to work?

Generally speaking, most of my patients who undergo a TT and the BBL may rerurn to non-strenuous work after about 10-14 days. If the work is more physical a longer recuperation may be anticipated.

George Lefkovits, MD

Return to work

It is best to discuss this with your surgeon.  In general, I ask my patients to avoid lifting more than 5-10 pounds for 6 weeks.  If you have a desk job, you will likely be able to return to work in 10-14 days.  If you have a physically demanding job, you will need to be off for 6 weeks.

Naveen Setty, MD

Time off work after surgery

The time off from work will depend on the type of work you do.  It is best not to do heavy lifting for 4 to 6 weeks, but a patient who sits in front of a computer, or some type of desk job usually goes back to work in 10 days. Be sure to discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon prior to your surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD