Will the Infection Come Back After Revision?

I had capsule contracture and needed surgery. I had both breasts replaced and 7 days later I woke up with a fever and flu like symptoms and the drainage tube was foggy. My ps took out the tube and said it was contaminated. My ps said that I had an infection and put me on cipro for 10 days. The meds worked and he gave me another 14 days worth. my ps told me that the infection may return due to the implant being contaminated. how long will it take for the infection to come back if its going to?

Will the Infection Come Back After Revision

Any cosmetic #revision has risks of unhappy outcome or other complications. Also, the right implant for the revision is contingent on shape of body and your desired outcome.  Your procedure should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for another revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient #reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Infection post revision

Your surgeon seems to be taking the logical steps, and will continue to watch you carefully. Infection may return. If the infection returns or you are concerned about the infection, you may also want to consult with an infectuous disease specialist as long as you do so with the full knowledge and collaboration with your surgeon.

Infection post revision

Infection

Getting an infection returning after surgery is possible. Sounds like your PS is treating you and watching after your care. In our practice if the infection persists we would send our patients to an infectious disease specialist to address your infection via IV. Make sure you keep all your appointments and if anything changes contact your PS.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)

Infection

Infection and revision

Thank you for your question. When it comes to breast implants and infection, you need to keep close follow up with your plastic surgeon. Follow his/her advice. Whether the infection will come back is a question of time. Giving you a prices answer her would be difficult and may not help your case.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Infection and revision

Moneer Jaibaji, MD