Can the indent on my upper right butt cheek be fixed with another fat transfer? (photo)

2 years ago I had Liposuction and a fat transfer to my buttocks. A year later I developed a indent on my right butt cheek. Can I get liposuction again with a fat transfer to correct this?

Doctor Answers 4

Fat Transfer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The indent in the buttock can be corrected with fat transfer. You need to have enough fat to take out and transfer. Also an examination is needed to evaluate the tissue and cause of the indent to plan for a successful surgical correction

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Buttock indentation correction with fat grafting or sculptra

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I have been very pleased with Sculptra as a way to fill out buttock indentations. I find that the procedure requires little to no downtime and is office based. I have done minor dimples to full buttock augmentations, albeit the latter is for people who want a modest augmentation and with little fat to donate. At times, if the indentation is associated with a scar, then subcision or a scar release may also be warranted.  
If you are open to another session of fat grafting then this is also a great option.

Fat Transfer Toronto

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It should be possible to fix with fat transfer and liposuction, however, an in-person examination and a consultation is needed to confirm this. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.


You might also like...

Indent fixable with a fat transfer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank you for your question.

This question really can not be answered without more information and an in person examination. Generally speaking, depressions can be treated with fat transfer. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.