What is the best HA filler to treat nasolabial folds?

I am in my mid twenties with genetically deep NL folds. I have read that getting injected in the cheeks is a method used to treat the folds but I have big cheeks so I don't think thats wise. I would love to have the area completely smooth but as a first time user of fillers, I would only want one application to treat both NL folds even if it will only smoothen the area. If I were to get my NL lines filled and dissatisfied with the results, is it an easy process to remove the filler?

Doctor Answers 1

Treating Nasolabial Folds

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without seeing you in person or seeing pictures, it is impossible to give you specific advice. However, the only reversible fillers are the HA products such as Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, Voluma, and Belotero. The preferred treatment to is to inject along the cheekbone to help lift the cheek to reduce the nasolabial fold. However, if you already have large cheeks, as you state, then this may not be an option. The second option, then may be direct injections into your nasolabial folds. I would suggest Juvederm Ultra or Perlane or off-label Voluma as all of these are reversible. Another option would be Radiesse, but this is not reversible. However, you have to know that no amount of filler will make your fold go completely away, especially if it is very deep. To make your fold go completely away, you would need to be injected with so much filler you would look unnatural. I suggest that you make an appointment with a board certified and qualified injector in your area for a complete evaluation and to review your options.

Good luck.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.