What's the Redness Below the Gums? (photo)

The pictures, it's not my mouth but it's similar to mine and also my front teeth behind it it also push in similar as the front. What is the redness under the gum?? Is there a name for it? why is it push back from the gums??? Can it go back to normal? How do i fix it? Will it damage my gums a teeth??

Doctor Answers 1

Nothing to Worry About

The soft tissue that you are talking about is called the "alveolar mucosa" and it appears perfectly normal in your picture.  It is not "pushed back" as you say.  Rather, the underlying bone anatomy gives it that appearance.  No need to worry!


Philadelphia Dentist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.