What are the best fillers to treat nasolabial folds?

I am in my mid twenties and have genetically deep nasolabial folds. I am considering an HA filler to treat the area. I would love to have the areas completely smooth, but as a first timer I would just want one filler to treat both NL folds. I read that getting injected in the cheeks is a techniue but I have big cheeks so I don't think thats wise. Also if I were to get the area treated with a filler and not satisfied with the results, is it a simple process to remove the filler. Thanks

Doctor Answers 2

Nasolabial fillers such as Radiesse does great and lasts about a year.

You can use hyaluronic acid fillers such as juvederm, restylane or belotero but I prefer radiesse since it last twice as long and is a better bargain price wise as well. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

If you want a filller that can be reversed, you need to use an HA filler.

For the NLF, you want to use one of the thicker options, as they will fill these deeper lines better. So you should look at Perlane, or Juvederm Ultra Plus. You are usually better off not having too much put in here, or trying to completely eliminate the fold as that can produce a heavy look to the lower part of the face. A good injector will certainly discuss all of this with you.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 27 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.