The Fat In My Midface Area Has Dissolved Away Giving Me the Appearance of a Drug Addict, Will Fat Transfer Help? (photo)

Please help me out, Im 22 years old but look like a drug addict because of the appearance of my sunken mid face and sunken eyes (See Photo) , can either the fat transfer procecdure or anything else help, thanks alot!!!

Doctor Answers 5

Upper eyelid ptosis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Honestly, from the photo posted, you do not look like a "drug addict". Your midface or eyes do not seem particularly sunken either. You may have a bit of a "tear trough" deformity, which is a slight groove between your eyelid and cheek. You also have upper eyelid ptosis [droop] which gives you a slightly sleepy appearance.

A consultation with an Oculoplastics surgeon would be helpful, but the whole "drug addict" appearance is not an issue here.

I have provided a link for you below.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Loss of fat in face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you have noticed the loss of fat in your midface with no weight loss, you may want to check for HIV. Fat transfers can be safely performed to help fill out depressed areas.  I would suggest finding a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area that performs fat transfers

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

The Fat In My Midface Area Has Dissolved Away Giving Me the Appearance of a Drug Addict, Will Fat Transfer Help?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Usually, fillers in younger patients make more sense, because less volume is usually needed.  Fillers tend to produce smoother results.  However, fat grafting is not unreasonable.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and fat transfer procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fillers probably a better place to start than fat grafting for facial issues.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I'm not sure I appreciate the drug addict look. Fillers that can be done in the office probably would be up good place to start placing them were you think there is a deficiency. Later on if this solution appears to be satisfactory fat injections will give longer-lasting if not permanent results.


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Fat grafting can help. It is a natural, long lasting filter. You may also consider a filter such as restylane for under the eyes. Speak to a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.